C5 X7 Aux sockets?

This unit is the NG4 system, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: DVD, Voice Commands, HighRes Display, 3D Mapping, Bluetooth Hands Free, Independent Phone with MDS Module, SD Card, USB, Jukebox.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: C5 X7 Aux sockets?

Post by qprdude »

More or less what I thought. I don't think I'll bother to be honest. Can't see me using it often enough. Can only use it while stationary so not a lot of use to me. As I have a 16 inch laptop I can use for the same purpose it's kind of redundant.
I don't think I had a "choose video" option, but after I get home from my London trip, I might have another fiddle around with it.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Jodyone

Re: C5 X7 Aux sockets?

Post by Jodyone »

qprdude wrote:More or less what I thought. I don't think I'll bother to be honest. Can't see me using it often enough. Can only use it while stationary so not a lot of use to me. As I have a 16 inch laptop I can use for the same purpose it's kind of redundant.
I don't think I had a "choose video" option, but after I get home from my London trip, I might have another fiddle around with it.
I agree. However there are tricks to dodge the "only while stationary" limit; they vary depending on system, but some have done so to successfully use an iPhone satnav, and others to receive a reversing camera video feed.

I've never bothered with it for the same reasons as you- anything I could plug into it already has a better screen. My late 2006 car may feel new to me, but in tech terms it's ancient- the first iPhone came out in 2007!
2006 C6 Exclusive, 2.7 HDi