How to remove the loudspeakers from the door panels?

This section is for information and posts relating to Audio Head Units, and Navigation Systems

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

atr
My Cars: Xantia 2.0l 16v 2001 petrol
C5 mkII 2.0l petrol sx pack 2007
C5 x7 saloon petrol 2010

How to remove the loudspeakers from the door panels?

Post by atr »

I have to replace the loud speakers in my C5 X7 2010. I guess that the membrane is torn, especially on the rear doors speakers. I'm not sure, but it seems that it's more complicated than to remove the grille covering the speaker. please let me know how to dismantle it.
Thanx.
Avi
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: How to remove the loudspeakers from the door panels?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

In order to remove the speakers, you'll need to remove the door handle trim, disconnect the electric connectors, ditto for the grab handle trim in order to access the 2 bolts, remove those, then the door control switch for the windows, under door puddle lights, and unclip the door card surround - using trim removal tools.

That will give you access to the inside where you can remove the speaker bolts. The speaker grille shouldn't need to be touched as it is part of the door card assembly and will come off with that.

Once you take the speaker bolts off, you can remove the speaker after disconnecting the cables at the rear. But if you need to remove the speaker support mounting case, you'll need to drift out the rivets and use a 6mm drill bit to take the rivets out.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc