No audio C5 x7 with the hifi pack

This section is for information and posts relating to Audio Head Units, and Navigation Systems

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

No audio C5 x7 with the hifi pack

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Hi all
I took a plunge and bought a C5 tourer on the first of Jan. It's the car trusted reviews used in 09 for there review on their site for the 2.7l v6.

The car has the hifi pack so the amp fitted, HDD type head unit and the nav screen which works (sorry I'll look the model no up once I'm off this train), however there is no sound at all out of the speakers. I've got receipts to say that the radio was replaced and coaded to the car and that a Citroen main dealer looked at this fault and got no where but charged 2 hours for looking at it.

The last owner had checked and there is sound outputted from the internal amp in the head unit

So my questions are.

What to check first?
Where is the amp? (I've Heard in the glove box how much do I need to remove to get to it)
Has anyone got a wiring diagram for the 08 C5 v6 2.7 tourer?

I am not impressed with the (car) infotainment system, I'm tempted to pull it and install a nexus tablet instead of the screen and a new Bluetooth head unit. However the clocks have the fault where one of the screens is "not mapped" and I believe that the parking sensors and tire pressure, info can be output to this screen rather than the one in the dash.

I'll be posting another topic about the suspension too as that has a fault also.

Cheers

Andy
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: No audio C5 x7 with the hifi pack

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome.

Not quite correct. The X7 has specific output systems designed to work with this model as opposed to other display systems used in DS or Peugeot models using the same or similar Head Units.

You cannot simply programme the output to go to a screen not designed for the specific output of this model - you will end up either bricking the car or it lighting up like a Christmas tree as has happened to several members when they tried to play about with redirecting display output that took hours to try and recover from. So a friendly warning there.

The mapping issue is also related to incorrect configuration of the last upgrade as there are certain parameters that need to be set up correctly for navigation display to work correctly on the centre information screen in between the speedo and the rev. counter.

If you pop the VIN up I can telly exactly what unit you 'had' as it left the factory, but if it has been owner upgraded I can almost guarantee the Head Unit and the BSI have not been correctly configured for the upgraded unit that has been installed. As for the Amp. again it all depends on whether this is the factory fitted amplifier or aftermarket one - but this too must be correctly configured to work with the internal amplifier of the head unit.

I would focus on getting the system working first before you start thinking about a further upgrade. Be prepared to loose some functionality (depending on fitted options and equipment if using a third part non PSA unit).
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, if that is your Reg no in your profile (which I would suggest you remove), then the vehicle has the RT4 and equaliser amp fitted at factory.

I can't think why he would want to update that - as they are quite expensive, unless for bluetooth of course. So you'll have to take a photo of the head unit you have in there now if this has been changed and post it up here, then I can determine what you now have fitted.

Marc
ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Thanks for the feedback all.

The car is https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/ ... ion-page-7 my reg as you can see is easy to find. The car still looks to have the same head unit fitted in the photos from 2009. Unfortunately the car is some 110 miles away from me at the moment I'm in Leeds this weekend with work otherwhise I'd grab the vin. Don't ask me why but I could behave sworn the label on the head unit says RT3 but my memory is shocking so I could be wrong.

Something else strange I noticed. I removed the head unit a few weeks ago and found that with out it the suspension errored and court no longer be raised or lowered, is that normal?

The battery seems ok I have fully charged it as I was unable to drive for 4 weeks after blacking out at home whilst coughing, during that time it went flat. Once charged and since the rest of the electronics have been solid.

A story I got from the previous owner was that there was an issue where a cheap usb charger was plugged into the rear cigarette lighter, apparently this caused a failure of the rear break light, radio, and that cigarette lighter output. But that was second hand from the owner before who was apparently the cars first owner (according to the DVLA).

"As for the Amp. again it all depends on whether this is the factory fitted amplifier or aftermarket one - but this too must be correctly configured to work with the internal amplifier of the head unit"

I thought (think) this too. The work was done by a Citroen garage it states that the amp was re coaded. I'll look at the receipt when I'm home and let you know who and what they wrote was done.

Also the head unit apparently went off to someone in the Citroen Car Club in the Bristol area and has had the software updated and all the maps for the satnav. This I believe as the maps are all recent.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok Andy, I have the VIN already from your registration.

So what you are saying is that the Head Unit has been replaced for an identical RT4 (the RT3 was only fitted to the previous MK II) unit - or the amplifier was - after some USB gadget fried the electrics?

The battery as you know on this model is in the boot, and there are 4 fuses there, one of which is a 30A for the rear 12V accessory (F03). The others being for the Engine Fuse Box (F02) Supplies (150A), the Starter (F01) and the Electronic Parking Brake (F04) 60A. So I would give the rear fuse box a good looking over to start with to make sure there isn't any obvious damage.

As for the RT4 and the Amplifier, I would go through the ECU configuration. I have the tables and what the parameters should be, but do you have Diagbox and a VCI at least 7.58?

The factory fitted equaliser Amp was part of the Philips HiFi upgrade pack and included enhanced speakers and a CAN equaliser Amp.

It is essential that the amp is coded correctly for the Head unit otherwise it will likely cut the sound output from the Head Unit.

Let me know nearer the time when you are able to confirm what's what. :-D

Marc