General Waffle

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

General Waffle

Post by GiveMeABreak »

This section is for comments / posts that have been moved from or that don't relate specifically to any of the telematics sections - in an attempt to try and keep them on topic :-D
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Re: Identifying Your RT3 Unit

Post by demag »

That's a bit like me Gibbo. I hardly use it to be honest. I like to listen to Shropshire Radio which we can just about pick up here. I think if you need a doctorate in applied maths to use the car radio what's the point? If I can get voice commands to work I haven't got to touch anything I can just shout at it. :-)

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
mickeymoon

Post by mickeymoon »

Gibbo2286 wrote:
I only pop the disks in or press the buttons :) I've had so many cars with different set ups I take little notice of what ICE stuff is fitted, so long as it will get Classic FM and play a CD I'm content.

I'm with you on that one Gibbo, though I like to be able to plug in my "phone". This has all my music and radio apps on it, and both Waze and Tom-Tom navigation apps so it's all I need, in any car that I am in. I find bespoke ICE and NAV systems, while they may look nicer, are more bother than they are worth.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

My current entertainment problem is not the car stuff but the 42" television, it seems to be going downhill, pressing te on button switches the standby light from red to green and it immediately turns back to red, takes ten or twelve attempts to keep the green on, once on it works fine.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

We haven't got an on button on ours, it's on permanent standby which annoys me greatly. I like to turn stuff off rather than sit there consuming power for no reason.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
Gibbo
My Cars:

Re: General Waffle

Post by Gibbo »

GiveMeABreak wrote:That's an RD2 Gibbo. Same as my old MKI SX - I had the CD Changer under the passenger Seat. I set this thread up to help those with RT3s like Demag's C5 with the RT3, where you have to be careful with the Firmware updates. :)

I only pop the disks in or press the buttons :) I've had so many cars with different set ups I take little notice of what ICE stuff is fitted, so long as it will get Classic FM and play a CD I'm content.
81!