What is my 405's spec?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

405chap101
My Cars: A sheddy 1992 Peugeot 405 GRDT estate

What is my 405's spec?

Post by 405chap101 »

Hi, slightly strange and pointless question but I'm just curious. My 405 is a 1992 GRDT. Where did that trim level sit in the range and what was the equipment available?
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Re: What is my 405's spec?

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

not entirely sure, but a GRDT would be near, possibly at, the top of the Estates. (various sporty Saloons)

Equipment, no idea; but bring back manual window winders I say. My 1995 GLX has Leccy fronts, pain in the proverbial.

I know they did an STDT in some models, but dunno whether the 405Est was ever offered in that trim, and I'm also unsure whether its a S1 or 2 on a 1992.

If you've got time to burn, its interesting to see some of the other stuff Pininfarina styled, recently noticed they were responsible for the rather gorgeous Lancia Monte Carlo.
Puxa
405chap101
My Cars: A sheddy 1992 Peugeot 405 GRDT estate

Re: What is my 405's spec?

Post by 405chap101 »

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur wrote: 19 Jul 2019, 15:30 not entirely sure, but a GRDT would be near, possibly at, the top of the Estates. (various sporty Saloons)

Equipment, no idea; but bring back manual window winders I say. My 1995 GLX has Leccy fronts, pain in the proverbial.

I know they did an STDT in some models, but dunno whether the 405Est was ever offered in that trim, and I'm also unsure whether its a S1 or 2 on a 1992.

If you've got time to burn, its interesting to see some of the other stuff Pininfarina styled, recently noticed they were responsible for the rather gorgeous Lancia Monte Carlo.

OK, this is by no means a complete speclist but it's the best I can manage based on my knowledge

The car is a pre-facelift but I have the later style dashboard (introduced from 1990 onward possibly?). equipment for the GRDT based on my time in the car includes -

full electric windows, sunroof and mirrors. All broken (french electrics!) but I'd like to them working, especially in this heat!
alarm
central locking
PAS
velour upholstery
Front and rear fog lights
Steel wheels with hubcaps
No ABS, Drums on the rear of the car
plastic exterior trim (as apposed to body coloured)

I don't have A/C but from my understanding that was introduced on facelift models onwards. I also seem to remember reading that some models had heated seats, I suppose that was on high spec post facelift models

It seems that GRDT is indeed fairly near the top of the range, apparently they did do an estate version of the STDT trim. There's also a SRDT trim, Where does that sit?

Anyway, thanks for your help. This might seem like an odd thing to be asking about but I was just wondering if anyone on here could give me any more info if I've missed anything (I'm sure I have)