307 drivers window does not auto up

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wwp_al

307 drivers window does not auto up

Post by wwp_al »

Hi everyone,

My 307 had the drivers window panel disconnected when I bought it, so I reconnected it, and all seemed fine, but I have noticed that every window will do auto up and down except the drivers, which will only auto down, and not up.

Is this likely to be the embedded controller in the panel, or may I be able to retrain it?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: 307 drivers window does not auto up

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Are you saying you can hold the switch up and the window will rise and therefore it is just the 'One Touch' operation that is not working?

If that is the case, then reinitialise the Anti-Pinch. Lower the window fully, then manually raise the window with your finger held on the button. If it stops at any point release and keep applying until the window reaches closed position. As soon as it reaches the closed position, keep your finger on the button for a few more seconds - you may here a little click. That is reinitialising the anti pinch. It often need to be done after a battery disconnection.

There is not other procedure to reset this - so if that has not worked then you probably need to check the control module / clean it with some electrical contact cleaner or replace it. I assume it was originally disconnected for some reason?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wwp_al

Post by wwp_al »

Yes, it is only the One touch that doesn't work, so a small inconvenience rather than a major issue.

Thanks for that, I did try to reset it, but it is still the same. I will try cleaning things up.

I haven't had any issues since I reconnected it. It may have not been properly connected and just dislodged (he says hopefully.....)

I think the switches are 2 levels, the first being move, the second being one touch full move, so I guess it is just dirt or failure of the second stage. I will check after I have replaced the centre box, so hopefully this weekend....
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I have had this happen on my C5. When I ran a Lexia diagnostics it pointed towards the switch unit. Upon opening it up I found some of the contacts were dirty. I cleaned them using IPA cleaner and Servisol, and now they are working properly.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
wwp_al

Post by wwp_al »

It was simply the switch, someone before had taken it apart and not put it back together properly. I thought I had fixed the more important part, windows, and broken the door mirror adjustment, but it seems I too had failed to put the connector in properly, and so the passengers window seemed to stop working. It is all much better now I have the connectors in properly though.

Thanks for all the ideas.