Injection?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

matus77
My Cars: Peugeot 206 1.4 16v

Injection?

Post by matus77 »

22.jpg
Hi guys,

I have a huge issue since couple of days and can't crack it. Worst of all it looks like my own cars is playing some kind of a game with me.

2004 Peugeot 206 SW Quiksilver, 1.4 16v, KFU engine. Max engine speed is 3000 rpm.

Background story:
I had a airbag fault and a antipolution fault. My mate told me that the airbag fault is most likely an effect of a twisted tape connecting the airbag with the light/wiper switch gear what seems to be a common thing.
So i bought the switch gear - not the exact number, but a replacement of it from the service book. So i've disconnected the battery, all off, soon after that the switchgear was swapped. As i was doing things with the car i also bought a new exhaust and replaced as the old one was at it last breath.

All seem to be ok, so let's start the engine. And there goes the 3000 rpm and no more. I connected my PP2000 and what a surprise while the global test went crazy - all components from top to bottom "ecu not replied" starting from bsi to the convertible roof (first thing i ever saw it on the list while global test). The only exception was the engine what did show some fault. The exact ones like i had in the past refered to the antipolution fault / oxygene sensor so that wasn't anything new.

I startet of with trying to download the injection ecu (hope i wrote it correctly) but pp2000 desn't let me when i choose neither KFU nor any other injection unit. Nothing actually worked since i tried to go into any other compontents like bsi or event the radio. Ok, it Peugeot, that's what i could expect, so I managed to gift myself and my laptop a Lexia 3 and connect the old girl as Citroen C3, it found my VIN, I've inserted the code from the door, all fine. I went with the global again and actually it found some components, but injection? INJECTION / dialogue: NO / fault: ?. Stange as Lexia have found all things like radio, airbags and stuff. Tried with downloading the injection. "No dialogue with Ecu during initialisation blah blah blah".
1.jpg
I was crazy angry at this point and that was yesterday evening. Today I woke up, skipped breakfast and the only aim was my garage...

Ever had funny things with your car? Here is the funny part

Connected my PP2000 again and this time it did find the compotents like BSI and so go on. BUT NOT THE ENGINE ECU. The exact opposite and I didn't even do anything as it did not even let me go into the config. Some of the things are missing on the global list, don't remember what else was there.
Rpm still max at 3000, still can't configure the injection nor any of the KFU related stuff.
22.jpg
To be honest i don't have a bloody idea what is wrong with this car. All i can thing of is that the 3000 rpm is a injection issue which need's to be configured.
All help, ANNY suggestions are very essential and I do thank everybody in advance.

Ps. Sorry for the grammar, my English got a bit rusty.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Injection?

Post by xantia_v6 »

I would suggest that you start by going through the BSI reset procedure: viewtopic.php?t=43292

If that does not improve things, I would suggest that you temporarily refit your old switch unit, maybe the replacement is not compatible with your car?
matus77

Post by matus77 »

xantia_v6 wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 13:45 If that does not improve things, I would suggest that you temporarily refit your old switch unit, maybe the replacement is not compatible with your car?

Been there, done that. Same thing. Event tried to disconnect the entire switch. 96542558XT was the original, 96477542XT is the one on board.
Right now I'm charging the battery which in my opinion is in a good shape anyway, but...well...you know what they say.

Edit: No luck after reseting BSI :(
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

What is the VIN of your vehicle?
The airbag fault can be related to the wiring under the floor that gets damaged over time. As Xantia V6 says, the switch modules are very important to get correct as they interface directly with the BSI.

Did you clear all the fault codes that were previously stored first then re-run the global test?
When you say you downloaded the ECU - what do you mean exactly - software downloads need PSA server access to do and can brick your ECU if you attempt it with a clone - we had one member already do this to his BSI and that needed repairing, so be very careful.

I suspect your issue with the engine ECU is your VCI interface - is it a Revision B? You may need the Revision C
to talk to some ECUs - especially on the CAN bus (another reason why I need your VIN) - at least we can check the obvious first.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
matus77

Post by matus77 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 15:32 What is the VIN of your vehicle?
The airbag fault can be related to the wiring under the floor that gets damaged over time. As Xantia V6 says, the switch modules are very important to get correct as they interface directly with the BSI.

Did you clear all the fault codes that were previously stored first then re-run the global test?
When you say you downloaded the ECU - what do you mean exactly - software downloads need PSA server access to do and can brick your ECU if you attempt it with a clone - we had one member already do this to his BSI and that needed repairing, so be very careful.

Hi GiveMeABreak
Thank you for your attention,

My VIN is VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]*******. Well, if you have I erased the faults after I replaced the switch then now, because all ECUs did not respond right after that, I have not tried to connect PP2000 before I was replacing the switch as i knew about the fault with it since months back. Even then I have not erased the fault. Actually i don't do that at all when I'm not sure if the issue is of my back.

About the ECU downloading - i meant that i've tried to when after replacing the switch the rpm went nutts, but couldn't go trough.
What did that member do at the end? The reason i'm asking is that propably i will end up doing it with the PSA service as it's screw up with 3000 rpm and most propably needs a reconfig.
is it a Revision B? You may need the Revision C

I have not clue unfortunately.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 08 Sep 2018, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: VIN Masked
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so you have the 206 5 DOOR ESTATE 1.4 i 16v 90 Manual gearbox 5 with the ET3J4 Engine.

Unfortunately it doesn't state the architecture - only that is is multiplexed - so I suspect VAN bus. If you don't have access to another VCI (PP2000 interface) to try, then your best bet is to get it properly diagnosed - and I think you said you already planned to take it for a dealer level diagnostic. That would determine whether it is your engine ECU that is faulty or your PP2000 was not able to read the ECU.

I strongly advise against any 'downloading using a clone VCI, because it can leave your ECU in an unusable state. A diagnostic is critical really, before you can determine the next course of action.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
matus77

Post by matus77 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 16:54 Ok, so you have the 206 5 DOOR ESTATE 1.4 i 16v 90 Manual gearbox 5 with the ET3J4 Engine.

Unfortunately it doesn't state the architecture - only that is is multiplexed - so I suspect VAN bus. If you don't have access to another VCI (PP2000 interface) to try, then your best bet is to get it properly diagnosed - and I think you said you already planned to take it for a dealer level diagnostic. That would determine whether it is your engine ECU that is faulty or your PP2000 was not able to read the ECU.

I strongly advise against any 'downloading using a clone VCI, because it can leave your ECU in an unusable state. A diagnostic is critical really, before you can determine the next course of action.

That's exactly what I have. If it help by any way it is a Quiksilver edition which is quite rare. At least i don't see them.
I wasn't really planning on other solution than ourselfs as far as i already tried to fix other things with the help of so called experts in repairshops around. Avoid rather. What i mean is that a local repair guy with a PP2000 interface was tryign to rip me off on a used switch for 400 gbp and finally offering me another one for 50 without the guarantee that it will last long. Not my kind of reliable way to handle things and my other option is a legit peugeot dealership team with quite bad reputation - month waiting, maybe solution, high receipt and lack of respect for older models. Nothing else on a 60+ mile radius. And the reason is the fact that nobody even owns a clone not to mention a legit interface. I wonder if this is a common behaviour.