Advice on how to proceed.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

larkspeed
My Cars: 2004 Citroen C2 VTR 1.6 16v

Advice on how to proceed.

Post by larkspeed »

I have a 2001 Peugeot 206 1.6 16v

Last week it suddenly developed the following faults:

Turn Signals are not working
Heater Fan is not working
Electric Windows are not working.
Temperature gauge sits at the top end of the gauge and it lights up like and overheat for about 20 seconds after the ignition is turned on and then drops back down and acts normal.
Wipers not working right: No matter which setting they were put on they would go constant for about 10-15 seconds and then just stop mid swipe.

All this pointed me ion the direction of the BSI, I tried the reset procedure that is all over the net with the exception that because I couldn't open the drivers window I flipped the latch in the door with a screwdriver so the system would think the door was closed. Unfortunately the reset didn't work, even after trying multiple times.

I purchased a Lexia 3 and plugged it into the car, this told me that all the switches were functioning and the actuators themselves were working.

Then I read the error codes in the BSI and was given the following:

Permanent fault: Input + ACC. Short circuit to ground

Now I am trying to figure out how to proceed with this so any advice would be handy.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Advice on how to proceed.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The first thing I would check is the battery.

A poor battery will play havoc with the electrical systems and can also be a little scary. It's happened to me and friends with the C5 and the Xsara - car worked fine on the way to work, come time to leave, try to start the car and lights up like a Christmas tree, needles going up and down, lights flicking on and off, clicks and whirring - battery dead.

So I would get that properly checked first before you proceed as so many of these can be down to a poor battery. If you have a good battery, open the bonnet and then shut the doors and leave for 5 mins, then disconnect the battery. Connect the new battery and leave for 3-4 minutes before opening the doors to allow ECUs time to initialise, then follow procedure for the BSI reset from that point.

If the same is happening then you have a wiring issue somewhere and need to start tracking down the problems - check the earthing points are making good contact, check the battery terminals and the contacts are not corroded. Start with the obvious - water ingress, fuses etc.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc