Fuel pump peugeot partner 1.9d

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Datsunman
My Cars: Datsun c210
Peugeot partner 1.9d

Fuel pump peugeot partner 1.9d

Post by Datsunman »

Hi there, I have a 2002 peugeot partner 1.9 diesel without turbo (yes you guessed right, the fast one with 69hp :lol: )
The car had a bad sound coming from the diesel pump and was leaking.
Sounded like the bearing in the pump was about to break.
So i bought a second hand pump and changed it.
Now the car won't start.
I'm 100% sure the timing is correct
Anyone who has a clue what the problem might be?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Fuel pump peugeot partner 1.9d

Post by CitroJim »

The pump contains an immobiliser module and this is keyed and locked to the vehicle... If you swap the pump and do nothing else the immobiliser will not deactivate and hence the lack of staring...

The solution is to swap immobiliser modules from the old to the new pump and all should then be good.

Immobilisers generally cannot be retrained using any diagnostic tools as it's a security device and to be able to do anything with diagnostic tools would defeat the purpose of it...

I cannot advise exactly how to swap modules as I'm not sufficiently familiar with that particular pump in that particular application. However, the job will not be simple as the immobiliser module is normally protected by the pump armour and this will need to be removed...

De-armouring a pump, again for obvious reasons, is not straightforward as it's there as an anti-theft measure...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Datsunman
My Cars: Datsun c210
Peugeot partner 1.9d

Re: Fuel pump peugeot partner 1.9d

Post by Datsunman »

Thanks for your answer. I've just finished replacing the immobilizer pretty s**t job.
Hopefully it will run tomorrow after i bleed the air out of the system