depollution system faulty fix

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

peugeot308sw
My Cars: 2010 Peugeot 308 SW

depollution system faulty fix

Post by peugeot308sw »

I have a 2010 Peugeot 308 SW and for about a year now I have been getting the "depollution system faulty" message and the orange engine trouble light. I went to both the official Peugeot repair shop and an independent (highly recommended) repair shop here in Athens (Greece) and both ran diagnostics, telling me that the problem was bad gasoline and that I should put 100 octane gas from now on. They reset the display to get rid of the warning and sent me on my merry way. I tried the 100 octane approach repeatedly from various gas stations but the warning light kept coming on. I scoured these forums and Google and didn't find a fix, though I did find many people frustrated ("damn you Peugeot" etc.) and not knowing what to do. Best temporary fix I found (I stopped going to the repair shops to reset the warning display) was some Russian fellow who posted that if you pump the gas 3 times (I did it 6 times) with the ignition on but the engine not running and then start the car and gun it, the warning light goes off next time you start the car. It worked, though it was a temporary fix, as the warning would come back on after a while (could be an hour or the next day).

I finally saw some Greek forums and decided to take another approach, that of adding a fuel injection cleaner. I added 300 ml of Liqui Moly on a quarter tank of gas, ran it for a few kilometers before filling. The problem has disappeared and it has been about a week now. Could this be the fix?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q ... 6225535648
Last edited by peugeot308sw on 25 Jun 2019, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: depollution system faulty fix

Post by xantia_v6 »

Which engine is fitted to your car? If you post the VIN, we can look it up exactly.
peugeot308sw
My Cars: 2010 Peugeot 308 SW

Re: depollution system faulty fix

Post by peugeot308sw »

1.6 VTi 5MT (120 HP)