Citroën Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi - ignites, but immediately extinguishes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

buconova
My Cars: Citroën Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi - 66KW

Citroën Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi - ignites, but immediately extinguishes

Post by buconova »

Hello.

First of all, I apologize for translating with google and for help.

I have a car problem. Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi 66kw year 2001 TYPE engine RHY.

When my daughter was driving with him. Last month she used it too. He switched off while driving. Only this I know to say.

We dragged him home. Calling one and the other "mechanics" with various "testers". One notifies the EGR valve error. Others on the left side of the head one 3 pins valve / switch / sensor. Again the third mentions that the computer is. Repair at the service is not appropriate. So I'm trying to fix it myself. Also with your help.

We all know that if it were an actual EGR valve, the car would still work. He would only tremble, shake, or go out in the idle. But it still runs.

The above valve / sensor / switch 3 pins on the left side of the head - if it is disconnected or not the same. It does not change anything. That's surprising to me. The mechanic gave a new one and said that the car does not work anyway.

If I re-describe his behavior; When I turn the key, I wait for the orange lamp to turn off (spiral) and turn it on. The car starts, but it extinguishes immediately.

If I turn the key again to turn it on, it's nothing. Until I turn the key again, I wait for the orange light and I start again. The same - it starts up and immediately extinguishes.

That's all I can and can tell. If anyone can help me, I'll be very grateful.

Greetings, Boštjan
buconova
My Cars: Citroën Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi - 66KW

Re: Citroën Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi - ignites, but immediately extinguishes

Post by buconova »

Hmm? I disconnected all three connectors. See pictures. Interestingly, the symptom is the same. The car ignites and immediately extinguishes.

Now I think the computer ...

What do you think?

tnx