throttle response

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

IAN SIMPSON
My Cars: 2008 Citroen C5 1.4 DIESEL

throttle response

Post by IAN SIMPSON »

my c3 1.4 diesel chassis no VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] has a problem when at idle the engine revs freely up and down when driving once you let the throttle off to change gear the revs don't come down as they should it has a long delay it is like this in every gear .once they come down ,change gear its the same in the next gear when the car decides to drop the revs it then will not rev intill its at idle . when driving along at a steady speed it just decides not to rev and cuts when clutch is pressed it always comes down to idle only code is for glw plug relay stuck any help appreciated thanks ian
Last edited by IAN SIMPSON on 25 Sep 2018, 10:52, edited 3 times in total.
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Re: throttle response

Post by Stewart(oily) »

Seems like its all connected to the accelerator pedal, check its connections .
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.