C3 "new" 2017 model warranty issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Filberton

C3 "new" 2017 model warranty issues

Post by Filberton »

Took our new style 2017 C3 to the dealership a while back because the main digital speedo display kept reverting to kph (see earlier post) and they said "yes, it is a known fault, fixed under warranty".

Then took it in a month or so ago because of a DAB radio issue and they said "yes, it is a known fault, fixed under warranty".

Have just taken it in yet again due to water in the tail light and they said.....yup, you've guessed it "yes, it is a known fault, fixed under warranty" so this time I asked, "are there any other known faults (not safety recalls) which I should check for and get fixed?

His reply was "yes, there is a long list but we can't tell you what is on it, it is up to you to ask or complain, then we'll fix them"

I suppose it saves them money if customers put up with odd rattles, things not always working quite right etc. because they do not know better but it is a bit rich that they know of faults and will fix them under warranty but only if you know to ask.

I don't suppose anyone has access to the full list of known warranty faults on a 2017 C3 Puretech Feel which I could watch for and get fixed.

Many thanks

Mike
Current: C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDI Manual (2008)
C3 Puretech 1.2 Feel (2017)

Previous: Citroen C5 mk1 2.0 HDI,
Peugeots 407, 406, 406,205,309, 306 Meridian, 306 L, Peugeot 207L 1.4 manual (2003)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C3 "new" 2017 model warranty issues

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Unfortunately I suspect that is insider info and wouldn't be made public for the reasons you have stated. It shouldn't be the case at all, but it's a reason why a lot of people may decide to wait a couple of years on a new model to get all the glitches and bugs ironed out. That way you still have a third year warranty to sort out anything not already picked up.

Perhaps you can add to this thread as you discover them... not that it helps you much!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 109k one of two remaining
'03 206 GTi180 - 97k in pieces being brought back up to snuff
'03 206 1.9TD - home-built veg-fuelled B-road bruiser
'99 306 SE 2.0i cabriolet - 92k awaiting service work ready for next summer
'97 306 XS 1.6i 3 door, Bianca White, from dead 12 years & seized solid to road legal in 7 days

Post by ekjdm14 »

Again, not much I can say that would help you particularly but all I can suggest is take it back under warranty for EVERY little niggle/squeak/sound even intermittent ones until either you have the car the way you want it or they get bored enough of seeing you to just go through the car and tick off everything on their list.
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 109k
'03 206 GTi180 94k in surgery
'03 206 1.1S XUD9TE/veg project :mrgreen:
'99 306 2.0SE cabriolet 95k summer toy
'97 306 XS 1.6i 99k sat 12 years, fixed in 7 days, 150mile maiden voyage :rofl2:
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

Oh bother - just bought one, very low mileage Aug 17 motability return at a good price though doubtless very profitable for the dealer. My wife has occasional arthritic hip/ankle problems so we went for the EAT auto, proper auto not the ETG on the older versions, very impressed so far, 5 days in. I an pretty sure the firmware was after the mph/kph issue, it was concurrent with the android auto upgrade and ours has android auto. (Unlike the C4 pic, the C3 touchscreen hardware has always supported android auto but early versions of C3 had firmware for mirror screen and apple carplay only) Hope I don't have too many trips for warranty work.

There is a very active forum in France - planete-citroen.com, scroll down and you will find the C3 III threads. Google translate does a useful but sometimes amusing job ("...when I brake while pointing" probably means while steering but who knows. The water in lights topic is on there, I've not read it all yet but didn't see a long list of problems.

Let's add things here as we discover them - if we are lucky there won't be many more posts.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
Filberton

Post by Filberton »

Don't worry Richard, there may be niggles but the New C3 seems not too bad but only 13,000 miles so far on ours. The non-turbo is a bit under powered and you have to work the gear box. Going up Sutton Bank in Yorkshire (1 in 5 with hairpins) I can take the C5 X7 up in 5th and drop to 4th only if slow vehicles but the C3 we had to crash to 1st part way up?

No major problems but so far

Speedo kept going to Kph & litres - firmware update and told it was now the latest
Just after, radio loosing channels - firmware update and told it was now the latest ("that's what you said last week" but they just smiled :-(
Asked about Google Auto for maps (I was already using Apple car play )- firmware update and told....yeah..yeah!! now the latest.

Condensation inside the rear light cluster - acknowledged as a known fault but apparently it needs new lens, new seal etc. but waiting for it from France.

With the last firmware update we have found the jack-socket input on the audio no longer works (but we don't use it much) but we will still raise it as a warranty issue.

There is a light metallic scraping from the front left on braking but they say this is normal??

Following a forum suggestion I have gone on to www.planet-citroen.com and can confirm that water in the rear light and the noise from the front left are also a French issue. I have no issues yet but there also seems to be chatter about the gauge needles failing to fully respond but just "vibrate" but it seems switching off and on again fixes it.

A couple of comments about a squeaking drivers seat

Otherwise there seem to be no real problems being reported yet (albeit nobody in France seems able to find a roof-rack that fits)

hope this all helps

Mike
Current: C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDI Manual (2008)
C3 Puretech 1.2 Feel (2017)

Previous: Citroen C5 mk1 2.0 HDI,
Peugeots 407, 406, 406,205,309, 306 Meridian, 306 L, Peugeot 207L 1.4 manual (2003)
Kye87
My Cars: Citroen C3 2017

Post by Kye87 »

Ahh this is all very interesting. Picking mine up tomorrow on 67 plate, ex demo. So imagine it will have been sorted for these issues but it's good to know what to look out for. Cheers guys! No doubt after playing around with it tomorrow I'll have many questions 😂
Kye87
My Cars: Citroen C3 2017

Post by Kye87 »

Out of interest, anyone know an active community for this car? I'm in a few specific car groups on fb but there doesn't seem to be anything for the c3. Except in other languages 😁
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Filberton wrote: 01 Mar 2018, 20:45 Speedo kept going to Kph & litres - firmware update and told it was now the latest
Just after, radio loosing channels - firmware update and told it was now the latest ("that's what you said last week" but they just smiled :-(
Asked about Google Auto for maps (I was already using Apple car play )- firmware update and told....yeah..yeah!! now the latest.

With the last firmware update we have found the jack-socket input on the audio no longer works (but we don't use it much) but we will still raise it as a warranty issue.
Mike

Depending on your dealer's specific knowledge, you may find that when a major firmware update is applied to a head unit that there are frequent occasions where the configuration needs to be checked using diagbox, as some of the options and equipment settings can get 'lost' or removed. This has very often been the case with the RT* systems.

I don't think you mentioned the system you have, but I am guessing the touch screen SMEG or SMEG+. If it is one of these later systems, the download has to be done online via PSA servers - but the associated equipment configuration may still need to be checked with Diagbox after the update. This may be why the Jack is not activated as it could need re-enabling after the update.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc