Lexia Advice and how-to

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

digitalfriction
My Cars: Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
Renault Grand Scenic

Lexia Advice and how-to

Post by digitalfriction »

Hi all,

I am new to the forum but not to cars and computers. I have a small leak on the DPF fluid bag (Eolys) on my C4 Grand, and I have checked a couple of prices to have it replaced and get the counter reset. The cost is around £250 inc VAT.

I have checked and I can get the full bag for somewhere around £130, and looking around auction sites and other popular purchasing locations, a Lexia device seems to be around £50-70.

Can anyone please advice on these 2 questions:

1) Can you recommend a particular place or seller to purchase the Lexia from?
2) Can anyone provide the steps required to navigate the software and successfully reset the counter so the car knows it has a new bag of fluid

I just think for a slight saving in price, and a bit of mechanical work, it would be worth having the Lexia for future.

Many Thanks

Andy
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Lexia Advice and how-to

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Andy and welcome to the Forum.

1) Many here use Easydiagnostics - and there is a member discount - see the link, although we are not affiliated in any way. They are not the cheapest, but it is generally accepted that if you are going to invest in a Lexia with Diagbox, that your hardware needs to be a full-chip version - certainly with more modern cars. There are cheaper ones out there, but it has been found that some sellers do not include all the components and that casues problems reading the ECUs from some PSA vehicles. They are also UK based and provide support.

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=57990

2) The procedures do differ from vehicle to vehicle depending on the type of Eolys used (bag or tank) and the type of ECU. With a bit of luck a member with the C4GP who has done this will be able to advise further.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I've done it on a 1.6 HDi Mk1 - it's not too hard. You do need to check what is fitted, as there are several different variants, to make sure you get the right one. I remember there is a deeply recessed (and rusty!) 13mm nut which I thought had to be removed, but turns out it doesn't; I can't remember the exact detail though. Resetting the bag is simply a matter of plugging in the computer, letting it do a scan, then going to the repair section and in the DPF additive ECU selecting the replaced the bag option. This resets both the DPF ECU and the engine ECU. Lexia is a useful tool to have if you are planning to do your own maintenance, but as you are in Derbyshire you could get Mark Lightfoot to do it if you don't think you will need the Lexia again (although you probably will....!).
Richard W
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

A little more info here: viewtopic.php?t=55660
Richard W
reef2k

Post by reef2k »

I'm thinking of doing the same Andy,as just bought a GP with 101k on the clock and fap level too low warning comes up,not sure how long it's been on,but wasn't done at last service. i don't do many miles,so thinking of just buying a 1 ltr diy kit off ebay and then deciding whether to buy the software to reset myself or get my local garage to do it,they'd only charge a tenner,but may be handy to have the software for any future problems.
C4 GRAND PICASSO 1.6 HDI VTR+
C5 SX 2.2hdi estate
xantia vsx td estate
BX 1.4 petrol