2013 C4 Pic 1.6 diesel not starting

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rosanbo
My Cars: CITROEN C4 PICASSO EXCLUSIVE E-HDI 115 AIRDREAM (2013 MK2) (DV6C engine)

Re: 2013 C4 Pic 1.6 diesel not starting

Post by Rosanbo »

It has been confirmed on a different board that a short interruption on the battery supply -which is what happened when trying to reset the computer when it had a fuel problem- will cause this exact symptom to occur on the alarm. If it cannot be reset by resetting at home (and it looks like it cannot be reset at home) then it has to be reset or software reinstalled by citroen.

Two other owners exact same scenario and alarm problem, but both were within warranty.

The car is currently powered down and battery disconnected overnight will reconnect in the morning and see what happens.
Rosanbo
My Cars: CITROEN C4 PICASSO EXCLUSIVE E-HDI 115 AIRDREAM (2013 MK2) (DV6C engine)

Post by Rosanbo »

Hi everyone, (I don't know where the line spacing function is on this board.)

Thank you for the help, my car is fixed now... the dealer did not charge me for another disgnostic and repaired the alarm also without further charge, whether they did the repair for no charge as a mistake or as goodwill I am not sure.

I will just copy and paste my reply to another forum: (where two other people had the exact same problem after jump leads)

AA man disconnected battery when attaching charging cable to the +tve,
I had also disconnected and reconnected the battery earlier in quick succession before the AA man got there and the key fob locked the doors fine before the AA man came along.

When AA towed me to dealers and I pressed lock button, alarm immediately sounded, and continued to do so every time the lock button was pressed.

The dealer fixed the problem with the car but not the alarm.

I disconnected the battery overnight, I could not find the shunt fuse, but I think disconnecting battery is the same effect as removing shunt fuse....in the morning I reprogrammed the key to the car following the instruction manual. It says "put key fob in reader and press start button" (without foot on brake) so that the dash just lights up....it says just this will reassign the key to the car. Then I pressed the lock button and I still got the alarm, how disappointing.

Took it back to Dealer who agreed to look at it again without further cost.

They said they downloaded a new BSI something...

I think they meant "uploaded a new BSI image/software installation"

I was not charged as I had already paid for diagnostic.

I don't know if under normal circumstances how much this would have cost on top of the diagnostic charge.....if anything.

I think this is a dealer only repair as only they would have the software. You won't be able to do this if you have a Lexia (Citroen fault reset software) at home. And it will not fix by battery disconnection method. And if you are doing this at dealer, take your spare key fob aswell, just incase they need both keys.

I will be very careful about disconnecting the battery from now on, and NO ONE is going to be allowed to put jump leads on my car!

To disconnect the battery as far as I am aware, you should
•open the door,

•open the bonnet,

•close the door, Some might say and lock with the emergency key.

•WAIT until the dash display switches off (I will wait at least 10 minutes again)

•Disconnect the battery for at least 30 seconds (I will wait at least 30 minutes) before reconnecting the battery.

•Open door (with emergency key if you locked them)

•Put fob in reader slot, don't put your foot on brake, press start button to light up the dash/ignition screen.

Now you can start the car.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Good news you've got a fix and thanks for the comprehensive feedback.
I don't know what the PSA policy on software updates are but imo they should be free as are most other computer firmware updates.