Xantia Rear Window Wiring Diagram!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Grum
My Cars: CX, BX'es, XM, Exantia

Re: Xantia Rear Window Wiring Diagram!

Post by Grum »

CitroJim wrote: 24 Jun 2017, 05:14 Grum, as it's a 2.1TD the auxiliary belt is the same as on a later 1.9TD... If only I knew what length of belt was on Gabriel that would do for you too... Unfortunately the size information has worn off now :(

So, if the links above refer to a 1.9TD then you're laughing...

Nice one again CitroJim! ... Yes, the 2nd link refers to a 1.9TD so ---> :lol:

If you ever want to borrow my Compressor Puller Kit your'e welcome! :wink:

Have a good one!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Grum wrote: 24 Jun 2017, 09:22 If you ever want to borrow my Compressor Puller Kit your'e welcome! :wink:

Now, as you're not far from me, that could be a possibility ;)

Do have a good one yourself Grum :) The weekend, so far, is going very well here...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Grum

Post by Grum »

Hi CitroJim & helpers!

Well today I tried to Pull the A/C Pulley but I was a little confused as how to go about it, especially with the tool I have for doing the job. I thought it would be straightforward but when I looked at the tool, it confused me! ... so, as I didn't want to damage it, I decided to do it another time, when I have more time. So I went to car shop and bought a shorter belt (Thank's for the info!) ... At first I thought the belt was too short but eventually worked out the routing and it is now all running smoothly, with out the A/C in play! :)

So as to you borring the tool CitroJim, you are still welcome to but ATM I am not 100% sure that it will do the job, although I assume it will, if one knows how to use it properly! :?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

We need some pictures of the tool and compressor pulley Grum ;)

I once made up a puller that worked once and then failed as I made cut the threads a bit too small on the lathe... That one was for the type of pulley with a threaded boss around the shaft nut to accept a puller... The puller had a central bolt that acted on the end of the shaft to pull the pulley off...

I may still have the remains of it in the workshop...

Some compressors need an odd three-legged job...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Grum

Post by Grum »

Hi Jim,

It is late and I am drunk n tired, still in me oily rag's and need a shower but I will TRY to be cllear :oops: ... I will try to remember to get pic's to you but if not remind me, as my memory isn't the best, to say the least! #-o ... yes, spent nearly 20 notes on a short auxilary belt for the car today and all fine but then I decided time to clear out the Mouse Nest's from under the bonet etc and make it presentable for the dreaded MOT man but there has always been this slight niggle in my mind of the state of the top strut on the drivers side, as it looked a tad on the rusty side but I guess I kind of shyed-away from looking too hard and thought I'd disguise it a little, so Mr MOT man wouldn't home-in on it :roll: but when I cleaned out the Mouse nest and had a little probe I started to give it some more seriouse thought and ended up looking at a very long thread on this forum, on Xantia top strut problems ... To which you have a lot of input on! ... Anyway, it has depressed me and I am now in a real quandery again 8-[ ... is this car safe.. (Probably not!) .. should I scrap the thing and finally bite the bullet and get-rid :?: .... I mean ... over £100. per strut top! ... surely this writes off the car! .... I could probably go buy something on FleaBay for £250. or so that is safe and MOT'eed! .... I'm gutted .. all the time and effort I have put into this darn thing and over several years now, on & off! ... Its one thing after another and as much as I hate to give-in, there is a point ... as Clint said once ... "A man needs to know his limitations"! ... and I am thinking that maybe I should take note :cry:
I guess I could spend one more bit of energy and time on it and remove the top strut support and give it a good examination and make more of a decision from that .... O'h gawd .... Let's see how I feel tomorrow!

:(
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Grum, don't give up that easily ;) Serviceable strut tops are pretty much readily available if you ask around...

Put out a plea and see what comes up... Anyone braking a Xantia should be able to provide ;)

Also, there's an outfit in Lithuania - KingAS (Elastomer.eu) - that will rebuild yours for you at at cost of around 75 of those funny old johnny foreigner beer tokens...

I've used them for XM tops with very good results...
Jim

Grum

Post by Grum »

CitroJim wrote: 25 Jun 2017, 05:05 Grum, don't give up that easily ;) Serviceable strut tops are pretty much readily available if you ask around...

Put out a plea and see what comes up... Anyone braking a Xantia should be able to provide ;)

Also, there's an outfit in Lithuania - KingAS (Elastomer.eu) - that will rebuild yours for you at at cost of around 75 of those funny old johnny foreigner beer tokens...

I've used them for XM tops with very good results...

Thank's for that Jim... Bit busy atm, as I have just finished with a company and have to get Van back to them tomorrow, up in Derby and then train back ... Hence no vehicle and desperate for motor! but when I get a moment I will place an ad for strut tops!

... Later :wink:
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Can you post pictures of your strut tops for a second and third opinion?
Grum

Post by Grum »

Morning Xantia V6,

Yes, sure thing... I'll take some when I get back this evening or tomorrow!

Thank's :)
Grum

Post by Grum »

Hi Chap's,

Well apologies for the delay but I have taken some pictures of the worst Strut Top, which is the drivers side but it was difficult, because the sphere and piping get in the way! ... The majority of the circumference doesn't look so bad, as the rubber covering is still in place, although a bit crunchy underneath!... but the area (About a quarter of the circumference!) that is nearest to the wing is the worst, with the rubber coming away. :shock:

I had trouble the other day, working out how to put the picture link's here from PhotoBucket, which I joined for the purpose #-o but I was in a bit of a rush at the time. Anyway I am giving it another try now and hopefully they are going to magically appear below!

Well I seem to have mastered it :-D

... I might take the sphere and pipe off to inspect closer and to tidy better for MOT Man, in which case I might ad some better images later.

I look forward (I hope!) to your feedback!

Grum
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That strut top is DANGEROUS Grum and is imminently about to fail!
Jim

Grum

Post by Grum »

CitroJim wrote: 24 Jun 2017, 18:41 We need some pictures of the tool and compressor pulley Grum ;)

I once made up a puller that worked once and then failed as I made cut the threads a bit too small on the lathe... That one was for the type of pulley with a threaded boss around the shaft nut to accept a puller... The puller had a central bolt that acted on the end of the shaft to pull the pulley off...

I may still have the remains of it in the workshop...

Some compressors need an odd three-legged job...

I will endevour to get those pictures to you Jim!

Well done for making a puller :wink: ... That is the type of Pulley I have on this Compressor, with the thread in the boss! ... The tool screws into the boss OK but the tools threaded insert, that goes into the centre seemed to have too much shank before the thread, so it wouldn't bite into the puller when in place on the Compressor. Also the insert itself had an insert threaded into the end of it, which I don't understand the purpose of.... Hmmmm #-o ... very hard to explain and I will have to get pictures to you, as you say.
Grum

Post by Grum »

CitroJim wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 09:41 That strut top is DANGEROUS Grum and is imminently about to fail!

:shock: ... Thank's for the rapid reply Jim and that's the reply I didn't want to hear but I guess I was expecting ... Balls! :(
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Grum wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 09:52
CitroJim wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 09:41 That strut top is DANGEROUS Grum and is imminently about to fail!

:shock: ... Thank's for the rapid reply Jim and that's the reply I didn't want to hear but I guess I was expecting ... Balls! :(

Sorry but there is a big safety concern here Grum... Sadly, a lot of MOT testers miss strut tops... You could well take it for MOT and have it pass even thought those tops are about to let go!

It seems they normally let go when the car is parked up and rarely when in motion which I suppose is a blessing but you really don't want to take the risk...

I think I see what you mean on what you are saying about the puller... Now I really do need to see some pictures...
Jim

Grum

Post by Grum »

No worries Jim, I appreciate your opinion and as I said, when I saw the strut tops I was worried myself, especially after findong the forum topic on it. Thank's for the advice. I will seek another car to use in the meantime and have to sort the Xantia when I scavange more strut-tops, at a later date.

As for the Puller, I will take pictures!

Have a good one
Grum