C5 X7 Engine Vibration at Certain Revs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Xsaradope
My Cars: 2008 C5 Exclusive Estate Automatic

Re: C5 X7 Engine Vibration at Certain Revs

Post by Xsaradope »

Well I changed my C5 autobox fluid and as I thought it wasn't difficult, just fiddly.

I can't say that anything feels any better now and the feeling of driving over a roundabout rumble / anti skid strip is no better, still the same vibrations/rumble.
However when I was going through the gear selections after the refill and as the bonnet was up I could see the engine making quite big for and aft movements when changing from drive to reverse and back.
Which again makes me think about engine mounts.

Has anyone had engine mounts changed, if so were they all done, if not which ones were changed and what was the result?

Cheers Brian
alex666_slo
My Cars:

Re: C5 X7 Engine Vibration at Certain Revs

Post by alex666_slo »

Xsaradope wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 10:12 Well I changed my C5 autobox fluid and as I thought it wasn't difficult, just fiddly.

I can't say that anything feels any better now and the feeling of driving over a roundabout rumble / anti skid strip is no better, still the same vibrations/rumble.
However when I was going through the gear selections after the refill and as the bonnet was up I could see the engine making quite big for and aft movements when changing from drive to reverse and back.
Which again makes me think about engine mounts.

Has anyone had engine mounts changed, if so were they all done, if not which ones were changed and what was the result?

Cheers Brian
I know thats an old post but here I am, few years later with same issue. Vibrations just at 2500RPMs. manual transmision. So what was the final solution in your case?

Alex