Merged Lexia & Diagbox threads

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Merged Lexia & Diagbox threads

Post by myglaren »

Many thanks for that, there are sure to be appreciative members who will us the code.
sutty86
My Cars: Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 hdi 110bhp non gap
C1 VTR

Post by sutty86 »

Finally got diagbox working.
Doing a global test I always have fault with injection
But bloody cannot access it I double click the button it asks me to validate ecu which is correct.
Next screen is
A lexia page top yellow boxes from left to right say
Diagnosis XSARA PICASSO EDC16c3
Then there is a small thing long box below nothing in it.
Just stays there tried this with ignition on and also engine on.
Help
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

First of all, what version of Diagbox are you using? Next, did it give you the option of launching Lexia - it should do. Thirdly, missing or incomplete displays on the interface may well be a sign of your system straining to display the elements properly - as I said, Diagbox is very intensive and runs a lot of processes.

Try launching Lexia from within Diagbox first to see if you can do what you need
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
sutty86
C1 VTR

Post by sutty86 »

Marc before I installed diagbox I had standalone lexia everything else works apart from injection.

Diagbox I've tries 7.01 all way up to 7.60 something.....

Diagbox launches lexia everything works again apart from injection.

Looking online it can struggle to pick up hdi engines
BytePir8
My Cars: citroen xsara picasso
06 1.6 16v

Post by BytePir8 »

Hi guys.
I've got a dead xsara picasso with corupted Bsi.
have tried a lexia on it, new (second hand) bsi/ecu/key/transponder.
can't get it to start still

Is there an up to date lexia members list?
I'm in the Rossendale area of the NW UK
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

The Lexia locations list is current but frequently members disappear without notification - best to look at the profile of the most likely member before contacting them ad see when they were last active.
tim04
My Cars: Citroen C3 Pluriel

Post by tim04 »

Hi there

I'm hoping for some advice on the following - I've installed Diagbox on a Windows 7 netbook, and after a bit of hassle it seems to be installed correctly. It's version v.07.02 and the car is 2007 C3 Pluriel. It correctly reads the VIN and I enter the RPO number (1112). When I select the global test the dialogue box on each of the tests in NO (see attached image). I know there is a fault with the airbag (I disconnected the airbag to remove the steering wheel and now need to clear the fault), but it doesn't seem to be connecting.

Is there something basic I am missing/doing wrong?

Many thanks

Tim
Attachments
IMG_1705.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Tim, this is indicative that your VCI is not communicating with the car - the NOs mean there is no dialogue with those ECUs. Until you resolve this, you won't be able to do anything.

This may be for several reasons - here are a few pointers:
1) What version of Windows 7 are you using and is it a 32 or 64 Bit? You won't be able to use a 64 Bit version with this software outside of a VM.
2) Assuming you are using a 32 Bit Operating System. when you installed the software, did you enable all the firewall requests to go through? - These requests must be allowed, otherwise communication may be blocked.
3) If you have more than 1 USB port on your Netbook, ensure that you plug in the USB from the VCI into each port, and leave it to ensure that Windows installs the driver for each port.
4) If using your Netbook on battery only whilst it is connected to the car, ensure that you have gone into the Windows Control Panel, open up the Power Management applet and then go into custom or advanced settings to modify the current power plan. From here expand all the options until you find the settings for USB ports. Ensure that they are NOT set to turn off the USB ports OFF to save power - this will disrupt / stop communication between the VCI and the Netbook if it detects a period of inactivity.
5) It has been noted on this thread that Netbooks can be borderline on the minimum system requirements to run Diagbox / Lexia as these are very resource hungry programs.

Marc
sutty86
C1 VTR

Post by sutty86 »

Wow finally got my clone working.
I've been using a old netbook but couldn't access injection .
Well diagbox was being a pain in the arse to install on my Alienware laptop virtual windows 7 32bit ,
Jobs a good one ...
Injection accessed in a second on version 7.44

Got a few questions.

Noticed my gear is always in neutral , car drives fine, reverse light works etc
But in lexia it doesn't change from neutral.
Having issues with cruise control could this be my problem ?
As all the other bits in lexia seem okay, as in clutch,brake switch, depressed, stalk on off etc

Ohhh I also have a temp switch signal inconsistency between two brake pedal signals
Don't have a clue what that means.
My brake lights are okay though
tim04

Post by tim04 »

Thanks for the reply Marc, will give what you suggested a try over the weekend.

Tim
tim04

Post by tim04 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 20 Jun 2017, 08:49 Tim, this is indicative that your VCI is not communicating with the car - the NOs mean there is no dialogue with those ECUs. Until you resolve this, you won't be able to do anything.

This may be for several reasons - here are a few pointers:
1) What version of Windows 7 are you using and is it a 32 or 64 Bit? You won't be able to use a 64 Bit version with this software outside of a VM.
2) Assuming you are using a 32 Bit Operating System. when you installed the software, did you enable all the firewall requests to go through? - These requests must be allowed, otherwise communication may be blocked.
3) If you have more than 1 USB port on your Netbook, ensure that you plug in the USB from the VCI into each port, and leave it to ensure that Windows installs the driver for each port.
4) If using your Netbook on battery only whilst it is connected to the car, ensure that you have gone into the Windows Control Panel, open up the Power Management applet and then go into custom or advanced settings to modify the current power plan. From here expand all the options until you find the settings for USB ports. Ensure that they are NOT set to turn off the USB ports OFF to save power - this will disrupt / stop communication between the VCI and the Netbook if it detects a period of inactivity.
5) It has been noted on this thread that Netbooks can be borderline on the minimum system requirements to run Diagbox / Lexia as these are very resource hungry programs.

Unfortunately I've checked those and I am still having problems (it's a 32 bit install). The other laptop I have is a new MacBook with Sierra OS which only supports Windows 10 in Bootcamp. Is there any other way of getting it to run on Windows 10?

Thanks
tim04

Post by tim04 »

Following my last post, I installed Parallels and with W7 32 bit and managed to get Diagbox working on my Mac - I've just connected it to the car and I am having the same issue (no dialogue). Could it be a faulty cable? Would an incorrect RPN have an effect. I have attached the information plate on the car and would be grateful if you could confirm the number I should be using.

Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_1704.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The RPO won't cause that (10214) is the RPO number. There is a comms issue. Is there a green light on the VCI? Are you sure the USB Evolution drivers have been installed? I wouldn't like to hazard a guess as to whether these would work under a Mac OS even running emulation software. The drivers for the VCI must be installled properly. It is a possibility regarding the cable could be faulty; the only way would be to try another cable or Lexia. It's quite difficult to troubleshoot remotely. The software may be running but it cannot communicate with the VCI, so cables, VCI or drivers are the likely cause.

Marc
andys61
My Cars: Citroen C5 Mk1 2.2HDI Automatic Estate

Post by andys61 »

Hi All,

This is my first post after being a 'lurker' for many years... So here goes.

I have a Lexia 3 kit that I purchased a couple of years ago from Jim at Easydiagnostics, but would not install on my very old Dell
laptop.

Now due to a Suspension fault on my C5 MkI estate I now need to get my Diagbox going.
My computer is a Desktop Intel 3.2GHz dual core - 4Gig RAM - 32bit XP pro SP3 set as Administrator
Diagbox 7 via PtoP, its the one with "DiagBox 7.02.iso" plus 14 updates "v7.76,v7.77 to v7.82 (8.18).exe" and Spanish? "LEEME.txt"
this appears to have installed OK, installed USB divers & psa interface checker v3, on plugging in the rev "C" interface to USB I get the 3 flashes on VCI.
The psa interface checker works & reports 921815 rev "C" ver4.3.4 and after Diagbox runs downgrades to ver 4.3.0
No WIFW or bluetooth used.

Diagbox 7.02 runs up ok, I select Citroen, C5, C5, and the green comms light at the top RH side lights up briefly and I get a screen showing a laptop-interface-car and I validate, comms light flashes & screen changed to Lexia / Scantool choice, select Lexia, comms light NO flashes & screen changes to "information missing" and a place to enter RPO & VIN, enter that and the Lexia v500.46 panel appears, after that I can 'talk' to the interface but not the car.

I Have tried ,"Connect the XS Evolution interface USB before starting DiagBox , then the OBDII connector to the OBD-II port on your car, turn the ignition on, and in DiagBox choose your car and work away" (as per GarageForum member simple) and every permutation that I could think of.
Both USB Ports work, firewall appears open, told AVG to allow on every prompt

Now the questions deluge :-

In Diagbox top RH of screen is a icon 'user not authorised ....(F11)' I is dark and if clicked wants the internet (unplugged)
Have I missed something?

In the Lexia v500.46 panel several steps in "Tool Configuration" is the settings...
Pack=?
Terminal box=?
Communication kit=?
Modem identification=?
Presence of measurement card, Mult-make kit, Control kits, keyboard=????
Tool serial no.= I put 921815
in my random clicking mode who knows what they should be now!

Plus lots of things I haven't even considered :-)
Andy
andys61
My Cars: Citroen C5 Mk1 2.2HDI Automatic Estate

Post by andys61 »

Quick update, opened up Lexia interface ... 2 open circuit relay coils and no power to the PIC

**NOT**
The open circuit relay coils are in fact bad solder joints, hard to see even with binocular microscope but the solder municuss had not raised beside component pin, you may think to little solder at first.
So tomorrow when my old eyes are a bit clearer I will flux the board and hand resolder a selection of joints with 60/40 solder (well it is a repair) and the puddling action of the soldering iron helps in wetting the component lead.

And no power to the PIC, well the PIC is not powered up until data is received from the USB !
BOING - Time for bed said Zebedee :-D
Andy