Merged Lexia & Diagbox threads

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Merged Lexia & Diagbox threads

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That message is fine, it just means that the folders have been removed previously, so there is nothing there to remove.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If you are reinstalling, your firewall should be on it allow all the requests as and when asked. My concern now is that XP is out of support so there are no updates or service packs available, so hopefully it has all the service packs on already.

What issues are you having when you start the installation programme?

Marc
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

XP SP3 available to download if needed .... http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details ... ack_3.html
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

MikeT wrote:XP SP3 available to download if needed .... http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details ... ack_3.html

Especially after what happened last weekend! Microsoft did pull their finger out on that one.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:
MikeT wrote:XP SP3 available to download if needed .... http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details ... ack_3.html

Especially after what happened last weekend! Microsoft did pull their finger out on that one.

Here's the odd-thing with Microsoft downloads, they usually ask for your license key first and so far, it's always obstructed me when I enter my (legit) keys, stating something went wrong and not letting me have the download!

Talking of MS, I noticed no-one at the time was blaming them for the exploit, which is odd considering it's their creation :roll:In fact, MS had the gall to point the finger at the NSA! Though there is an XP patch available for the WannaCry Encryption exploit now https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/13/1563 ... are-attack

And it appears MS profited hugely (and needlessly) from vulnerable XP users http://www.investopedia.com/news/report ... cry-patch/
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

GiveMeABreak wrote:If you are reinstalling, your firewall should be on it allow all the requests as and when asked. My concern now is that XP is out of support so there are no updates or service packs available, so hopefully it has all the service packs on already.

What issues are you having when you start the installation programme?

Everything goes perfectly and then the screen i posted a page back appears, this is in the first stage, before Diagbox opens for the first time.

I have now got it to work but it will not download the updates from the disk further than the 7.0 it installs with initially, just says updates have failed but ive got it working again and Lexia appears in diag now thankfully.

Not sure i have the balls to wipe it and try again now as i kind of needed it tonight to watch some live data while driving the XM, i think i will let it be.

Thank you
Dean
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, from what you say it looks like an older version of Diagbox as the initial V7.01 will auto update to 7.02 on restart. You then generally update using the standalone updates. See how it goes.

Marc
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

I popped out and tried connecting again with the engine running this time as it wasn't before, same result.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

Success at last. I uninstalled Diagbox once more :zzz: and I found a different copy in the bundle of cd's I received in the box. I installed that which all seemed to go rather well, shutdown and restarted and it updated to 7.02. Went to the car, connected up aaaand, same message as before! But I read if it does that click ok pull out the usb and reconnect then try again. Bingo it worked, so that's how you do it :rofl2: . I did a global test and there were a number of faults listed, the airbag is P1802 "Driver's igniter open circuit level 2" which I'm fairly certain translates to the blue connector under the seat has gone open circuit, probably due to me moving the seat. I will hopefully check it out in the nice weather promised for this week.

Oddly there was a sunroof fault but no details and it wouldn't clear but apart from a rattle it appears to work ok. There was also a fault under air conditioning, outside air temperature :lol: , needless to say that one cleared ok. The injection took ages to test and threw a question mark up but no fault. I drilled into it and it asked what diesel pump was fitted which I wasn't sure about so just backed out of that one thankyou. In my excitement I never took any pictures or screen dumps and was wary of getting in too deep and not being able to get back out. Also I couldn't remember how to get live data up but will do that next time. Apparently there were a whole load of dashboard faults i.e. water temperature, engine speed, oil temperature etc. Still the car drives ok and all the relevant gauges work apart from the oil level and oil temperature so now I can get online I can go through these at a later date. For now I want to sort the airbag fault out as I don't want to risk being thrown into limp mode although I don't think it will.

Time for a cuppa. :-D
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

I think that it is trying to tell you that there is an open circuit between the air bag ECU and the airbag in the steering wheel. quite likely a COM2000 failure?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just clear all the faults down and then re-run the global test to get a more accurate idea of current / permanent faults. To access the live data, after you have run a global test, go into he ecu or the area you are interested in and from there you will have a menu - choose standard parameters and you can then see your live data. If you save the report after a session, any live data will be included in the top left area of the selected report for you to print out or study at leisure off-line.

Marc
Lucianman
My Cars: Citroën C5 X7

Post by Lucianman »

Hi guys, anyone knows if Lexia has an option to get the windows up from the key when I lock the car? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It should do this automatically on the C5 MK I (SX and up at least) and definitely on the C5 X7 by default. Open the window (s) from within the car, switch off get out and shut doors, then HOLD the lock button down for a couple of seconds to close all the windows automatically. A quick single press will not do this.

There is no feature to lower the windows on the X7 though, as there was on the MK I C5.

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

GiveMeABreak wrote:It should do this automatically on the C5 MK I (SX and up at least) and definitely on the C5 X7 by default. Open the window (s) from within the car, switch off get out and shut doors, then HOLD the lock button down for a couple of seconds to close all the windows automatically. A quick single press will not do this.
Not sure this will work on the Mk I as I never tried it but the way the manual shows is to use the centre button. If any windows are open a single press of this button will close them all. A further press lowers all a little bit for ventilation when parked in the sun. Another press lowers them a bit more and a third press then closes them all.
GiveMeABreak wrote:There is no feature to lower the windows on the X7 though, as there was on the MK I C5.
Yes, it's been commented on before. It's almost as if a different programming team was used on the X7 who had never used, seen or been told of what was fitted to the Mk I/II.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Paul-R wrote:Not sure this will work on the Mk I as I never tried it but the way the manual shows is to use the centre button.

Yes Paul, quite right, there was a dedicated button on the MK 1 for the windows which allowed you to cycle the opening through 3 modes. IIRC holding the lock button still closed the windows. On my MKII the button was replaced with one that actually operated the Xenons remotely and did not have the window opening function from the fob at all.

Marc