Lucas EPIC Injection Pump Overhaul Guide

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MadmartUK
My Cars:

Re: Lucas EPIC Injection Pump Overhaul Guide

Post by MadmartUK »

all together and wont start i think the output/plunger assy shaft one with plungers is 180 degrees out as i didnt see the tiny port on shaft . disassembling now
will update
Last edited by MadmartUK on 10 May 2014, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Looking forward to an update...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MadmartUK
My Cars:

Post by MadmartUK »

pump was 180 degrees out in process of changing.
on turning over the speedo went full deflection and is now stuck on 150mph as battery was low. now on charge
any ideas how to rectify speedo?

just spoke to my Citroen man and looks like i need to take clock out and shake it round.

Update:- Car running , i was right the output shaft was 180 Degrees out. now for clock removal
i hope this info helps others and thankyou all for your help

Martin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Martin that's excellent news :-D

On the subject of the clocks you may find it sometimes returns on it's own. It's a common enough problem with a low battery and some manage to nudge the errant needle back with a thin wire poked through the trip reset hole and others drill a tiny hole in the glass and use that to send in a wire to do the nudging.

I'd rather remove the clocks wholesale and give them a tilt. It's not too bad a job in an S2...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MadmartUK
My Cars:

Post by MadmartUK »

Cheers jim
clocks all done in about 45mins removed and tilted easy as chips
thanks for all the tips and help on here brilliant forum guys with a lot of info and help
i hope no one else gets pump 180 out but i did it in situ the removal of the solenoids and output shaft was easier than taking the pump completely out of the car

Many thanks and im happy my cars running again and saved several hundred pounds doing it my self

Car MOTed Flew through on emissions first go happy happy happy
Indy406
New User
My Cars: Peugeot 406

Post by Indy406 »

Hi guys, I've got a 1997 Peugeot 406 2.1 12v which has done 86,000. It's been a great car but has developed a intermittent timing rattle, sometimes it happens every time you turn the key for a week then nothing for 2 months. I've spoken to various people who have very little knowledge on the Lucas Epic pump however some people say it's the advance and retard unit on the pump. Some say it's the injector coil. Where is the advance and retard unit on the pump ? Is it straight forward to change ? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
smorcr
New User
My Cars: meany the list would b 2 long

Post by smorcr »

all bak in and ready to go prob is the pump is emty do i just crack and crank and crank till it starts ? mines a transit but same pump let me know would like to know
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

You need to prime it first.... Get it full of diesel before making any attempt to start...
Jim

haroonstar77
My Cars: Peugeot 406 2.1 TDSV

Post by haroonstar77 »

hi everybody, I really need some help, I accidently removed one of the diesel delivery nosel from my pump epic lucas ( one of 4 in the back side of pump) . there are 4 small parts inside, and I don't know how to settle them inside. please help I am stucked. does anyone know the placement scheme fot it ?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Sadly, I no longer have any EPIC pumps here and cannot remember precisely but if you can post up a picture of the parts I can very possibly tell you the order of reassembly...
Jim

haroonstar77

Post by haroonstar77 »

Thanks for your reply, I am new to the forums, i dont know how to upload pictures, but here is a link to my site http://designmax.fr/epic . thanks in advance for help .
haroonstar77

Post by haroonstar77 »

and only one nosel has these parts. i tried to open carefully other nosels to see the assembly. but the other 3 nosels look empty.
haroonstar77

Post by haroonstar77 »

finally, here is the pic.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent. I shall consult what documentation I have and let you know...
Jim

haroonstar77

Post by haroonstar77 »

I really appreciate your help. I am stucked at this point. when i removed the nozzle it just came out apart. and it wont fit anyways. I tried all possible assemblies. but no success.