Car ramps - where from?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chris Peddie

Car ramps - where from?

Post by Chris Peddie »

We all talk about the need to properly support a citroen when working on it, and until now I have made do with axle stands, but some tasks would be much easier with ramps. So, sho/where do you get them from? Machinemart do some but aren't really local (to milton keynes or northampton) and mail order is a bit inconvenient. Any ideas?
TIA,
Chris
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Don't know whether Halford's still do them - they used to, also some accessory shops do them.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Have you tried Motor World? Dont know how many of them there are in the country, but thats where i get my jacks and stands from. They can generally get anything brought in if they dont have it, might find something cheaper elsewhere though!
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

Chris, here is motorworld web site address, you might find one close to you, WWW.MOTOR-WORLD.CO.UK
DOM
lozian
My Cars:

Post by lozian »

Chris. Why not make your own if you can weld, or get a local person who can weld to make them for you. If you could source someone locally who has a set, you could use them as a pattern.
Chris Peddie

Post by Chris Peddie »

Thanks chaps, will check these out.
Chris
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

You could try 'Motor Factors' looking in 'Yellow Pages'. Who would supply tooling, Etc. to the Motor Trade more so than Halfords and alike.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Hehe you wouldn't believe the pair of ramp's Iv'e got, built them mesen about fifteen year ago, six foot long and two foot high, deck's are made from dexion walkway.

Great for job's like undersealing, handbrake cable and exhaust replacement.
Driving up them is not for the feint hearted though and not to be attempted with wet tyre's cos theyr'e a bit steep.
Dave
Chris Peddie

Post by Chris Peddie »

Now those really do sound like a pair of ramps!! I have had to settle for some from Halfrauds which were reasonably priced, but aren't quite as high ;-)
Cheers,
Chris