Gday from Oz!

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

cam205gti
My Cars: Xantia Ct
405 Mi16
205 Gti
Bx 16v
Xsara Vts

Gday from Oz!

Post by cam205gti »

Long time lurker first post today!

Forst off a big thankyou to the community. Ive recently purchased a 12/97 Black Xantia CT one owner car with 67 000 kilometers and have found the wealth of knowledge and articles on this site no end of help.

Ive fitted a full set of new spheres and have also fitted a black box from Roy Makay to sort thw diodes out and so far so good. It needed new engine mounts as they were toast and have reconditioned electrovalves for thenrear and front arriving soon along with a cleaned height corrector to smoothen things pit even more. Everytime I change something the next weakest link is exposed. Typical for a car with low ks and 20yrs old! Other than oil changes no other maintenance was attended to so Im the forst to get into it!

Ive raised the boost to about 12psi and it really changes the car. Over the xmas period Im having the Turbo 'high flowed' (t28 wheels and housings) and a turbo back exhaust fitted. Im after the stealth vibe so not loud lairy. An electronic boost controller is on the list also when these mods are done.

The car (when the rear electrovalve works!) is brilliant to drive and just eats up the miles. Its got a sunroof and full leather interior. Ive just finished upgrading the stereo as the oroginal unit was cutting in and out.

Enough about that. Ive also a 16v 205 gti race car, 89 BX 16v in white and a 93 405mi16 also in white that keep me busy (read broke).

So Hi and thanks in advamce for all the marvelous help over the last 6 months. Has been a massive help in getting the Xantia running and driving right.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Gday from Oz!

Post by xantia_v6 »

Welcome to the forum.

The best way to fix the electrovalves is to fit the later version ( viewtopic.php?t=55429 ), if you can find a pair...

All Xantias seem to have a few little problems by this time, mine is also quite low mileage, but seems to have a growing list of minor faults.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome :)

That is a very nice collection of cars you have. Almost a dream garage!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

Welcome welcome.
You've done a lot/made fast progress with that car!
Look forward to seeing pics of progress...
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
cam205gti
405 Mi16
205 Gti
Bx 16v
Xsara Vts

Post by cam205gti »

Yes some small progress.

Ive just fitted a proper electronic boost controller whoch has helped massively with power delivery and holding boost over 4.5krpm.

Recon height corrector and electrovalve arrived so firting those soon as the rear suspension is really starting to drive me mad.

Cam
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

cam205gti wrote: 29 Nov 2017, 23:20 Ive just fitted a proper electronic boost controller whoch has helped massively with power delivery and holding boost over 4.5krpm.

Cam, yes, a decent boost controller can indeed transform the performance of a TCT... I, along with most TCT Activa owners, fitted manual controllers and the smiles widened!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
cam205gti
405 Mi16
205 Gti
Bx 16v
Xsara Vts

Post by cam205gti »

Yes Jim

I hooked up a cheap Manual Boost Controller and found it would spike to often on its lowest setting. It was a stop gap as I was keen to test one out.

The electronic controller Ive now hooked up is a lot smoother and more reaponsive. It also has a boost correction feature to aid in holding the boost higher in the revs as it will usually drop off 2-3 psi from 4500-6000rpm. I dont usually spend a lot of time in those revs mind as shes fast down low anyway.

Install was fairly straight forward. Switched live from the Cig Lighter + Earth and 3 wires to the engine bay. 2 for the solenoid and 1 for the RPM signal to 'map' the boost.

Product is called the Eboost Street by Turbosmart. Only parts required were solder! Everything else was included.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

cam205gti wrote: 30 Nov 2017, 14:26 I hooked up a cheap Manual Boost Controller and found it would spike to often on its lowest setting. It was a stop gap as I was keen to test one out.

Yes, spiking is a big problem with manual boost controllers.. I had to run mine such that it only spiked if you were really silly!

It was still a lot of fun though and a lot more fun than the stock set-up :)

One I know had the ECU modified to up/remove the boost limit and that one absolutely flew - with no risk of spiking the ECU and invoking a 'limp' as a result the boost could go right up and the amount of power developed was quite substantial...

The car, an Activa, was a lot of fun to drive and went like a scalded cat :)
Jim

cam205gti
405 Mi16
205 Gti
Bx 16v
Xsara Vts

Post by cam205gti »

Jim

Can you tell me more about the remap/chip of the ecu. Im fitting a slightly larger turbo along with an exhaust and camshaft. Im hoping the ecu can handle the fueling and was hoping that if possible, run higher pressures (16-18psi).

The engine is seriously lazy and is built well to handle more power.

Ive got a guy here who can play with the eprom? How does this usually work?