How not to manage password security

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: How not to manage password security

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

That clip sums it up nicely!

I had a mild dose of that with HMRC :-D and the notorious self assessment phone line, eventually resorting to using the using the phrase "I want to speak to someone!" and I am no longer interested in selecting any of your options to ensure my call is routed to the right place. That was after following that route and three or four times in a row and being dropped in the automated "go to www dot gov dot uk backslash what-ev-er followed by ...goodbye!

The process of the automated voice recognition responses to guide you through a list of options is even more stressful than the good old press one for this and 2 for that and so on, or if you want to speak to one of operators press 6.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 18:44 The process of the automated voice recognition responses to guide you through a list of options...
Regards Neil

It can be worse than that, Neil. I've had a few that ask "In a few words, please tell us the reason for your call" and when it fails to match your response, insults you with "I'm really sorry..."

No you're not real and you're not sorry, you're just a bloody machine!
How abhorent those things are.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

MikeT wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 17:56

:)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...