I-Spy Classic Cars/Bikes-What have you spotted?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: I-Spy Classic Cars-Cabriolet fest!

Post by CitroJim »

That yellow TR6 is just simply magically gorgeous as well as a whole load more superlatives :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Re: I-Spy Classic Cars-Cabriolet fest!

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Well no cabriolet fest would be complete without

this :-D

One of my spots today was visiting an old friend of the Classics spotting thread ...hasn't moved for years!
nfalcon own work
nfalcon own work
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: I-Spy Classic Cars-What have you spotted?

Post by CitroJim »

Oh Nice! A Vanden Plas :D

I actually think Allegros have stood the test of time well in the looks department. A very attractive little car when judged against moderns...

I saw a great comment today on Facebook - all modern cars look as if they need a good session on the ironing board :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

LOL Jim.....ironing :)

I agree, except for those from Honda, they need to stop allowing Halfords "modifications dept" design them.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Stickyfinger wrote: 17 May 2018, 08:19 I agree, except for those from Honda, they need to stop allowing Halfords "modifications dept" design them.

:rofl2: Love it!
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Saw a new Bentley Convertible in Dobbies car park today. Big black thing, owner closed the soft top with the convoluted series of electrical manoeuvres and went into the shop. Had my camera with me, but couldn't be bothered to take a photo. Just find those cars totally uninteresting. Took a photo of an Aston Martin DB7 in North Berwick, but I will not bother the FCF public with it. Again I find them unremarkable. Pretty much like the crop of Porsches, which for me paled into insignificance next to the Volvo Amazon the other day.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Neil, I agree with what you say above...

I did see something utterly lovely yesterday evening in Milton Keynes... A totally immaculate Rover P6 in avocado green :D

Fair made my evening it did! I think that shade of green is possibly my favourite P6 colour...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

This is an "in the Wild" "on the road" spot and an original photograph. Its the finest combination, and the blurriness doesn't matter.

Followed this Triumph for a while at about 65mph, as we got overtaken by a succession of "normal sized" modern vehicles like the blue one in the pic. Its really striking how small the Triumph appears on the road.
In the wild I-Spy Classic Cars
In the wild I-Spy Classic Cars
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

I saw this on the way home from work this afternoon. You really don't see many of them out on the road, especially in 'working' condition like this :)
Chevanne - own work
Chevanne - own work
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 18 May 2018, 05:52 I did see something utterly lovely yesterday evening in Milton Keynes... A totally immaculate Rover P6 in avocado green :D

Fair made my evening it did! I think that shade of green is possibly my favourite P6 colour...

I am sure AROnline will not mind us bringing forward one of its pictures into our humble forum for educational purposes. The British Car industry did produce some lovely cars! Not the P6 in avocado green...just for variety the SD1 and what a paint job, and what a headturner :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

You can see a few similarities in design with the 365, from the wrap-around indicators on the front to the blood line running down the side of the car.

Image from: auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/sports-cars-models/past-models/365-gtb4/ - fair use
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
NewcastleFalcon

And on a fruit-based theme I know Avocado and Mango were a nice combination for Rover but how about Avocado and Butterscotch for Nissan Datsun

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
andy5
(Donor 2022)

Post by andy5 »

Rover SD1: cheapest car to run that I've ever owned. 7-8p/mile for fuel (yes would be more nowadays), 1p depreciation, 2p everything else inc tax and ins
NewcastleFalcon

bobins wrote: 18 May 2018, 18:20 I saw this on the way home from work this afternoon. You really don't see many of them out on the road, especially in 'working' condition like this :)

shuvit.jpg

A couple of those on this

"Remember these...All our Yesterdays" Rediffusion Vans

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

An old spot but one which seems to have disappeared from the Whatsthisthen? pages which have a blank for July 2017 when I am sure I posted it up. I remember Jim wasn'y that struck on it but for me absolutely gorgeous and well worthy of the classics spotting thread.

Harrogate July 2017 Studebaker Avanti
STUDBAKER.jpg
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey