Bah humbug! A retreat for those lacking in Xmas spirit

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: Bah humbug! A retreat for those lacking in Xmas spirit

Post by daviemck2006 »

I get seriously told off by Kerri now if I swear in front of the bairn. And I don't really swear much. I hope she tells off her mother, every second word was a swear word when we were married all those years ago, and it was her that taught my kids to swear. My middle daughter takes after her mother that way, I would never sworn in front of my parents the way she does. My dad would have belted me one! Changed days now I suppose.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: RE:

Post by daviemck2006 »

addo wrote:You mean they'll need to learn how to swear like a Scot?
So its now bah f***ing humbug [emoji12] [emoji23]
ps one of my rare use of swearing
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Northerner wrote:Thats early Jim ... my missus does it three weeks before. Tastes luvverly ...
The longer they mature the better Mike :wink:

I shall also be making my own mincemeat (for the pies) this year, making a Stollen and thinking already what to cook for Christmas day..

Also, going to make a proper Christmas pud...

Nowadays, Christmas is all about the cooking and baking for me and I love it for that.. The rest of it is definitely bah humbug :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

What about making Christmas puds crossed with Christmas crackers? I mean, use the little detonating pull strips "glued" with a dab of icing into small cylindrical puddings, and a cuff of garish wrapping paper at either end?

That way, you get to share the joys of bakery and everyone who's into Christmas can pull their puds...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote: That way, you get to share the joys of bakery and everyone who's into Christmas can pull their puds...
:rofl2:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Can't be right. This little seasonal thread hasn't had a single ost since October 2015?

Consider this Bah Humbuggers.

Got to be exciting getting on of those for Christmas!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I can't post in this thread this year Neil as I'm not Bah Humbug at all for once. In fact this year I'm just the opposite :D

The drugs DO work ;)

Or, the recreational ones I take every day seem to....

And they're 100% legal....

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what's happened to me to put me in such a Christmassy mood... It's quite shocked all my friends and family too...
Jim

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)

Post by daviemck2006 »

Even though my profile pic on Facebook is ImageI am a bah humbug. I have been since 2001 and it's for very personal reasons which will never go away or get forgotten. I may come back to life about Easter when the days start getting longer. It's getting dull here already at 2.30 after a dry sunny day. I should really consider moving south for a few months of the year. Tenerife would do fine!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Davie, Should I put a picture of my current Facebook profile picture on here do you think?
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

This [was] my Facebook profile Picture just before Christmas...

[Removed as now past 12th Night]
Jim

superloopy
My Cars:

Post by superloopy »

Aargghhh! That man scares me mummy [emoji33]. Apparently i said that after my first visit to SC. Brings back a lot of memories, mostly bad, Santa Jim [emoji22]. Please make him go away mummy.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Mike

Xantia Activa Dante Red MK1 (96) 121k - SORN, to be broken
Xantia Activa Silex Grey MK2 (98) 120k -SORN, ditto
Xantia V6 Silex Grey MK2 (98) 95k - non-runner
Xantia TD Storm Grey MK1 (95) 95k - non-runner
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

xantiamanic wrote: Santa Jim [emoji22]. Please make him go away mummy.
He's gone already.. The Santa suit is all packed away ready for next time; it's done it's job in helping to raise a lot of money for our local hospice :D
Jim

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Happy New Year to all on the Forum. May the best of the Old Year be the worst of the New Year.

:drink: :beer:
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

Please accept, with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the final day of the current year, practised with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated, recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2017; but not without due respect for the calendar of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great (not to imply that our country is necessarily greater than any other country) and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wisher.

By accepting this greeting, you are also prepared to accept the following terms :

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/him or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. The wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Best Regards (without prejudice)
Bobins.
:beer: :drink: :-D
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
hirsty
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by hirsty »

Brilliant. Sums up the current pc brigade to a tee.

:rofl2: :rofl2:

hirsty

p.s. Happy New Year to all.
98 Xantia Mk2 2.0 16v Auto Exclusive 160k + Now gone to Citroen Heaven
2004 C5 Mk 1 2.0 8V VTR Estate - current. Now with leather.