Spotted Xantias! (and other French stuff)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Spotted Xantias! (and other French stuff)

Post by CitroJim »

Mandrake wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 09:20 Not just for the wind up, but so we can't be accused of not paying for the bags... :twisted:

Now thta's good thinking Simon :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I have a huge fairly random collection of bags but no-one ever seems to pay it any mind. Co-Op, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, B&M, Home Bargains mainly.
Never been in a Waitrose, perfectly happy to use the local Aldis and Lidls for the most part and have never experienced any of the poor service, closed tills or lack of goods that have been mentioned here other than, after Christmas the produce shelves were virtually bare as all fruit, veg, bread etc had been given to charity for homeless people and they hadn't had time to restock.
The only other time was last Monday, called in to Lidl for a few odds and ends including bananas - we go through at least half a dozen a day.
Yes, they had no bananas :) but to compensate they did have some of their excellent Calvados. Been keeping a look out for it for weeks, it only appears sporadically but is the best I have ever had. Double grin :-D :-D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 16:55 Yes, they had no bananas :) but to compensate they did have some of their excellent Calvados.

Who needs bananas when there's Calvados :lol:

they're both fruit-based so will count toward your five a day ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

CitroJim wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 18:18

Is it also true that Grand Marnier is good at fighting off coughs and colds as it tastes a bit orangey so must be full of vitamnin C ? :-D
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

On balance I decided to put my spotting of a Renault Clio in its first incarnation,....in a supermarket car park on the Classics Spotting Thread but here it is reproduced here.

My ranking of the top 4 Supermarkets goes M, S, A, with the other being disqualified
Our friends with the middle aisle additional interest are pretty even although more of my middle aisle purchases come from L

As for the posh 2 recently joined the W card scheme for nowt because if you spend £10 you get a free coffee and a free paper. The other of dine in for 2 for £10 inc a bottle of wine fame is selectively used for such bargains and for supplying the collateral for buying bargain basement cars :-D
Morrisons Car Park Clio MkI
Morrisons Car Park Clio MkI
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

bobins wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 19:00
CitroJim wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 18:18

Is it also true that Grand Marnier is good at fighting off coughs and colds as it tastes a bit orangey so must be full of vitamnin C ? :-D

And we always used to say a G and T was an essential medication when overseas... The quinine in the tonic would protect against malaria whilst the alcohol in the gin would kill any tummy bugs :)

It was good enough for me :)

When I was a kid a tot or brandy or whisky was always the no.1 medication for colds and any other minor illnesses... As a kid I had mine served in a cup of milky coffee :)
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 19:08 My ranking of the top 4 Supermarkets goes M, S, A, with the other being disqualified
A as in Aldi for me Neil... Seen my best spots there in the form of an early Kia Pride and a Nissan Cedric...
Jim

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

Nosing through ebay and stumbled across this!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Truc ... Swi4laZdrP
Would be unbelievably awesome as a Shed Cycle Service vehicle! If only i had the relevant spare funds........
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

That's even cooler than an H Van Timmo 😃
Jim

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

I know! Insane cool! And being petrol could accidentally put the bx 16v gear on it! :-D
There is a kinda hvan crew cab on there tol!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

Still a good few Xantias & the like in regular use in Paris including a surprising number of number of Twingos - which I thought were now too old to be allowed. However nothing prepared me for the sight of a 2CV suddenly appearing in the traffic at a fairly busy junction (at around 10 o' clock Thursday night) just off Place de Republique. Then, yesterday, a bright orange R4 van (complete with amber roof beacon) climbing the hill from Porte de Versailles towards Porte de Vanves. The difference was the R4 was, probably, restored & I doubt it was a coincidence it was 5 mins from the Retromobile site, whereas the 2CV would seem to be just in use.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Spotted a GSA Estate rotting away in the company of a late Wartburg in the front garden of a house in Hamerton, Cambridgeshire. Just down the road from the little Zoo there...

Both look restorable...

No photos as I was riding the No Excuses Cambridgeshire Sportive on my bike and could not stop, being in the middle of a fair-sized peloton at the time...
Jim

Zelandeth
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2006 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi.
1988 Renault 25 Monaco 2.0i.
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Post by Zelandeth »

Well, this is the second time I've come across this S2 Xantia V6 Executive in Sainsbury's.
IMG_20180224_222543.jpg
Poor Activa is filthy...really need to get her a good clean this week!

Seeing the two next to each other though really does press home how much I prefer the S1 looks - as Bertone (if I remember rightly) intended before the lines all got wibbly wobbly.
Current fleet:
06 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi, 88 Renault 25 Monaco, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 75 Rover 3500, 73 AC Model 70.
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

Spotted these on the drive earlier
C4207J.jpg
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Zelandeth wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 22:32 Well, this is the second time I've come across this S2 Xantia V6 Executive in Sainsbury's.

IMG_20180224_222543.jpg

Poor Activa is filthy...really need to get her a good clean this week!

Seeing the two next to each other though really does press home how much I prefer the S1 looks - as Bertone (if I remember rightly) intended before the lines all got wibbly wobbly.

Good to see that V6 is still going Zel, I believe the owner lives in Coffee Hall...
Jim

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I saw a Xantia this morning - an X reg Silver estate out in the snow! Haven't seen one for ages.
Richard W