Spotted Xantias! (and other French stuff)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Spotted Xantias! (and other French stuff)

Post by CitroJim »

xantia_v6 wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 04:29 On most cars (but not all), the fuel pump icon on the fuel guage is on the same side of the guage as the filler is on the car. Shoot that down.

One of my cars bucks that trend... Not sure at the moment which... I think it's the Pixo...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

Geez, I'm glad someone understood; icon, fuel guage - doesn't compute!
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

Spotted this AX today in Waitrose car park..
Screenshot_20180208-202736.jpg
76k miles at last MOT
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

An Ax In Waitrose! :-O i thought the Waitrose car lark was the special reserve of oversized german people carrying wagons.....
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
Michel
(Donor 2022)

Post by Michel »

Timmo wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 20:57 An Ax In Waitrose! :-O i thought the Waitrose car lark was the special reserve of oversized german people carrying wagons.....

Most of them are but ours seems to have a sense of realism about it. I've spotted loads of non-waitrose vehicles in there. I'll not post pics as non of the others were French! Well, just the one..
1875065557376.jpg
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

I saw a Xantia estate today in the same red as Davie's Gabby. I had to walk around it twice to check, it was a bit tatty with a bent front wing, but no lacquer peel.
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Timmo wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 20:57 An Ax In Waitrose! :-O i thought the Waitrose car lark was the special reserve of oversized german people carrying wagons.....

:lol:

I love to take my older cars to Waitrose, especially my Ka, just for the looks they get - and then the looks I get when I walk in the shop... Especially if I cycle there ;)

I'm looked at down the collective nose of the typical Waitrose client and made to feel I'm really not welcome :lol: The staff too don't approve in general...

The place is so snottly it appears to have a permanent cold...

It makes me smile and often giggle... If their fresh food wasn't so crap and their prices weren't so outrageous I'd go there regularly just to wind-up the clientèle...

One of the best ways is to stroll in with an Aldi shopping bag - closely followed by a Tesco one...

The stereotype of the typical Waitrose client is pretty much true - in Milton Keynes at least...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

That does NOT sound like the branches of Waitrose I used to deal with (when I worked for one of their service providers). Certainly the branches in the Reading area were polite and courteous to all of their customers, regardless of appearance.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Maybe Milton Keynes is an exception James :)

I can only speak as I find... I've not visited any other branches of Waitrose so can only comment on the one - as I made clear above ;)

I sincerely hope it is just confined to my local one... Others say their fresh food is above reproach and of highest quality but in Milton Keynes it, in my view, is not...

I do wonder how good/bad/indifferent a branch is, compared with others, depends upon the local management...
Jim

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

Jim, going into The local corner shop after a few hours down the dirt jump park is always comical, knee pads, elbow pads, std baggy mtb jersey, occasional dribbles of claret adorning shins (or as the season opener last year all over forehead and nose!), buying beer generally wafting Odour ala Cyclist! :-D
Often thought, Is it possible tp actually cycle in to a superstore, cyvle up the isle you need, collect items, head to billy no mates self service till and pay, rid eout without unclipping Or getting mauled by captain security! :-D
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Timmo wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 08:11 Often thought, Is it possible tp actually cycle in to a superstore, cyvle up the isle you need, collect items, head to billy no mates self service till and pay, rid eout without unclipping Or getting mauled by captain security! :-D

Hey, now there's a thought :)

I'm tempted to give that a try in our local Waitrose :lol:

You really shouldn't encourage me :twisted:

I'm in a very devilish mood today....
Jim

Michel
(Donor 2022)

Post by Michel »

CitroJim wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 07:43 Maybe Milton Keynes is an exception James :)

I can only speak as I find... I've not visited any other branches of Waitrose so can only comment on the one - as I made clear above ;)

I sincerely hope it is just confined to my local one... Others say their fresh food is above reproach and of highest quality

Ours is great and the staff are lovely. I suspect it's because they're all locals and Twyford is a relatively small "village". We don't get many outsiders travelling to go to Waitrose as there are others around in Woodley, Reading, Bracknell and Marlow so the clientele are mostly local too. Some of them have obviously disappeared up their own arses but most are ok.

The staff in the cafe love me :) I always nip in, some times have a bite to eat ... but I always clear my own table and make sure I'm very nice to them. I often get larger portions :) I've also been known to defend the cafe staff against whingers and those types Jim was on about..
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Michel wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 08:35 Ours is great and the staff are lovely. I suspect it's because they're all locals and Twyford is a relatively small "village".

That fairly proves it then :) All down to locality...

Whenever I visit a cafe/eatery/etc. I always clear the table and leave it clean and tidy... Second nature for me but you and I seem to be in the minority in that respect Mike... No wonder the staff love you so!

It staggers me too just how infrequently you hear the words 'please' and thank you' are used toward staff in such establishments and shops these days...
Jim

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

My experience of Waitrose is that, on the whole, the partners all care about their customers and their needs (and all work together as a team). I remember calling into the large branch in Reading (to fix a printer), and the atmosphere was all wrong (subdued, quiet, sad; it was as though the whole store was in pain). I just HAD to ask why it was so, and I was told that one of the female partners had received some terrible news (her favourite nephew was in the Army, and had been killed in Afghanistan). The branch manager had told her that she could have as much compassionate leave as she required, but she had turned it down, saying that she needed to work to take her mind off the pain. Although she was not in a fit state to be out on the shop floor everybody in that branch rallied around her, giving her all of the help and support she required. Never did anybody say anything like "Leave your problems at the door", which may have happened at less caring shops.

I got on well with the staff at all of the branches I visited regularly. I remember having to replace three C&P devices at the Twyford branch, a week or so before Christmas. To do all three would take an hour (they had to be individually configured), and the checkout Supervisor was not happy with that (he was all for closing the calls and arranging for a re-visit after Christmas). I explained to him that although I would cost him an hour in doing my job, the amount of time that would be saved by using the C&P devices as opposed to the old paper method would make up that easily. When I was back there about a month later he sought me out, and admitted that he had not initially been convinced, but within a day of the new devices being fitted he could see that the affected checkouts were running more smoothly.

Whenever I called into the Sunningdale branch, if one checkout Supervisor was on we would spend the next few minutes swapping dirty jokes. Although customers could hear us doing this not only did none of them complain, but sometimes they would join in. Great fun, and nice people to do business with.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

CitroJim wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 07:31 One of the best ways is to stroll in with an Aldi shopping bag - closely followed by a Tesco one...

We always take bags from competing supermarkets into stores. We take Lidl bags into Asda and Tesco when we go there and vica versa. :lol:

Not just for the wind up, but so we can't be accused of not paying for the bags... :twisted:
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive