Steve Dyos - Kingsbridge, South Devon

A list of garages and suppliers that have given proven good service to members. All submissions to this forum must be approved by either an Admin or a Moderator before inclusion.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Steve Dyos - Kingsbridge, South Devon

Post by Old-Guy »

Our 2011 C4GP 1.6HDi died on the A38 on a Sunday morning on our way to visit our daughter near Kingsbridge. Once recovered to daughter's drive, she called Steve who returned her call that afternoon. He came and read the fault codes just after 9 on Monday morning as promised, confirming my suspicion of another dead injector (2 in 7 months!). All the parts didn't arrive until Wednesday afternoon, Steve came Thursday morning, changed the 3 old injectors (at my insistence), reprogrammed the ECU and had us back on the road by lunchtime with the car running like a bird all the way back to Gloucestershire. To do 3 injectors, Steve charged us a little less for labour than we paid a local garage to do the first one. Parts charged at cost.
Our daughter had tried various of her local garages and mobile mechanics over the years before discovering Steve - he's done a first class job looking after her Corolla Verso for several years and she wouldn't dream of using anyone else now!

If you live around Kingsbridge or are on holiday in the area, and need a mobile mechanic, we strongly recommend Steve (Trades as Mobilemec)

Contact Details
Mobile: 07531 917743 - if you're not local, bear in mind that mobile coverage in the South Hams is patchy to say the least!
Home: 01548 531591
email: steve@mobilemec.co.uk

Other Reviews
yell.com - https://www.yell.com/biz/mobile-mec-kin ... 901397981/
southhams.com - https://www.southhams.com/directory/aut ... e-mechanic
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
Triumph66
My Cars: Citroen Picasso
Citroen Dispatch
Fiat Panda
Morris 1000 van

Re: Steve Dyos - Kingsbridge, South Devon

Post by Triumph66 »

This is good to know as I live in Teignbridge area.