Mister-Auto

A list of garages and suppliers that have given proven good service to members. All submissions to this forum must be approved by either an Admin or a Moderator before inclusion.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Mister-Auto

Post by CitroJim »

Gosh! What's that? looks like it's been maturing at the bottom of the dead sea for four centuries...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

C5x7 rear dog bone Jiim, the rear mounts for the suspension spheres, the units and protective shields on them are dreadful...add the rear roll bar and it's clamps/connectors all do this.

I have had to clean up all mine, paint and cover in wax...it remains to be seen at this years MoT if the roll bar will fail the car.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Good gracious! That is shocking and you are in a very benign climate down your way too.. Goodness only knows what they would fare like in more corrosive areas of the UK...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

To be honest and fair Jim, it is only those parts listed....the "powder coating" used is (as I have said before) totally inappropriate for the materials use/type. Money saving simple as that.

It does NEED checking and protecting as it is the type of thing, connected to parts and in the area that will allow it to spread to other fittings/panels.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

Stickyfinger wrote:C5x7 rear dog bone Jiim, the rear mounts for the suspension spheres, the units and protective shields on them are dreadful...add the rear roll bar and it's clamps/connectors all do this.

I have had to clean up all mine, paint and cover in wax...it remains to be seen at this years MoT if the roll bar will fail the car.
Are you sure your car wasn't previously used as the staff hack on the surface at Winsford salt mine, Sticky ? Mine is on metal suspension so doesn't have the spheres and other associated bits, but the ARB and fittings are still in great condition with no signs of rust at all. My car is on just over 75k.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

LOL

Its all the rear (only) hydro stuff and the anti-roll bar/roll bar mounting plates that WERE like this.....all other surface are OK
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

Are all car components coated with rain soluble paint?

When I fiited a new TCA, I painted the cap of the ball joint black to match, 'cos that was bare metal. Nearly 6 months later, most of which the van's been parked there hardly a trace of paint anywhere.

Back to the original story: PSA owning Mr Auto is, I suppose, quite encouraging BUT what are they going to do about it's appalling on-line reputation - which I assume they know about?
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o