Notice to all Photobucket Users

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum

Moderator: myglaren

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: wanted

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are some scripts now running in other Fora too - I know Mike made it available to others who were having the same problem. Although there are client side fixes, the next time PB clamp down, the possibility is that this will all repeat itself again, so we encourage users to upload directly, as it guards against your posts going into PB oblivion again.

I know you have put the ‘~original’ after the file extension as your workaround, but that is likely to be plugged in the future, then back to square one....

As you can see, removing that ‘fix’ and the image still shows, which is probably down to our script running.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

Yep, that chance is definitely there. But the longer things go on... The less likely it looks? (that's a year that workaround has worked now and I'm surprised they didn't sort it within the first month!)

It is excellent having that script btw, I don't in anyway want this to be a suggestion I'm in any way denigrating it!

FWIW, Photobucket has in the last month changed their management team and completely revised their pricing policy from the utterly ludicrous one that the previous idiots brought in, to something much more reasonable (that if I wasn't now in the situation I'm in due to picking up extra bills following the relationship breakup, I would actually have been happy to pay).
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

wurlycorner wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 19:05
This is another example, directly posted as the link from photobucket

That image is hosted on the forum, check the image url. As for your other one, I can't see it but that could be the work's proxy server blocking it as it does with many image hosting sites.
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

I really don't like getting into tit-tat responses (life is too short and its not really conducive to people continuing to get on on forums), but equally I can't stand by while people tell me that the facts of what I do, aren't the facts of what I do (when I'm the one doing it!)
Homer wrote: 05 Aug 2018, 08:14
wurlycorner wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 19:05
This is another example, directly posted as the link from photobucket

That image is hosted on the forum, check the image url.

wurlycorner wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 19:05 This is another example, directly posted as the link from photobucket (albeit I understand that the forum may harvest it);

As I said. I didn't post it as a forum hosted photo. It was posted as a photobucket link (that the forum has then harvested)
xantia_v6 wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 19:42 They do however still require a paid account to allow 3rd-party hosting. Their blocking of 3rd party image hosting was never totally effective, and for some reason (probably a bug in their software) some peoples accounts were never blocked.
I'll say again...
I haven't paid.
I still use them 100% for third party hosting on forums, every single time (though obviously this forum then harvests and updates what I have posted with the internally generated link, which is great/fine)
My photobucket account was affected.
I just manually alter the posted img link via the known hack, which works as it always has.
These are facts :)

As for the OP, the photos help.
I don't believe that is part 3 from the diagram I posted (I'm sure part 3 is the solid back part of the lamp, as previously suggested by others).
I couldn't find a parts diagram for the bumper that exploded it into different parts in that area, so looks like although that part may be a seperate small item (not part of the main moulding) it may not have been available to buy separately via the parts system??? (or I just couldn't find the right diagram :lol: which is possible, since the psa parts system isn't the most intuitive...)
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
Clogzz
My Cars:

Re: Notice to all Photobucket Users

Post by Clogzz »

Got this today :evil:

=====================

YOUR ATTENTION IS REQUIRED!

Your account has been restricted because you are exceeding the free storage limit. For your reference, Your account is limited to the lesser of 2.5GB or 250 images and you currently have 921 images in your account. This means that you are no longer able to add photos to your account and must either delete or download images to meet the free plan limit.
UPGRADE NOW

Buy Annual & Save 10%
What You Must Do

For either $4.99 (monthly option) or $53.89 (discounted annual option), you will get 25GB of storage (up to 2,500 images), plus watermark free image hosting, use of our new state of the art image editor, among other features.

Storage limits are based upon the lesser of the amount
of gigabytes and the number of images stated for each plan level.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Images that you linked to this site should not be affected, as we have made backups of them which we generally serve by default.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

There are (mainly in the funny pictures and videos thread) still some missing Photobucket pictures.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!