2021 boxer airbag resistor (happy to pay!)

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jackleggett
My Cars: 2021 boxer

2021 boxer airbag resistor (happy to pay!)

Post by jackleggett »

Hey all,
I've searched and searched and I just can't find the info I need, I'm happy to pay for it if someone has it.
I've got a 2021 plate boxer, I've removed the double passenger and fitted a single and therefore the pretensioner wiring doesn't fit, throwing an airbag fault code.
I'm told I can fit a resistor into the wiring to fool the circuit but no one seems to know which wires need the resistors in. I figured it would be a nice and simple yellow to black like the drivers side but no, I've got a bloody 10 pin plug and can't for the life of me find a diagram to tell me what's what. Can anyone help? Genuinely happy to ping some beer money if it solves it.
Photo of the plug coming from the floor loom
Floor loom plug
Floor loom plug
PaulC5
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2007 C5 2.2 hdi estate
2019 Peugeot 308 SW 1.5 hdi
2016 Cactus 1.6 hdi
Previous ones 2004 C5 2.2 hdi, 2008/2011/2015 C4s all 1.6 hdi, 2003 C3 1.4 petrol, 2010 C3 1.4 vti petrol, 2005 Xsara Picasso 2.0 hdi

Re: 2021 boxer airbag resistor (happy to pay!)

Post by PaulC5 »

I can not help with your question but did wonder why you have removed the previous double air bag and then wanted to fit a single. If you succeed, I think you will need to inform the insurance company as a modification since it affects the safety on which they base their risk and premiums. You could also find yourself being sued if a front seat passenger was injured due to the lack of an air bag for their seat.

Having read your post again, I am not sure what double you have replaced - is it the air bag or is it a seat or something else ?
Last edited by PaulC5 on 17 Mar 2024, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: 2021 boxer airbag resistor (happy to pay!)

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, sorry but we can't advise on modifying safety systems here for obvious reasons and contravenes the Acceptable Usage Policy (A 7. i)
FCF Acceptable Usage Policy.

In any case, the Airbag ECU is designed to operate a set number of Airbags and at the required force, so any intervention to the default setup may cause the system to malfunction, which is why you are getting the warning at the self-check.

I appreciate these were available in 2 options at the front - a standard passenger airbag and then either a larger volume airbag for driver and middle passenger for the 3 seater version, or a smaller driver only for the 2 seater version (left & right model). These will have a different wiring harness of course and different configuration.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc