One for the train buffs.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: One for the train buffs.

Post by CitroJim »

Level crossings may well be the one thing absent from my Railway Run but I'll be out on the lookout for any and be sure there'll be plenty of photos...

I'll be looking out for footbridges too...

One nice thing about running an ultramarathon is there's always loads of time for photography and observing things :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 18:08 In recent days the Falcon camera has visited the hidden viaducts, which cant be seen from any public road,
Now today the hardest to find and the longest walk
No3 Guyzance Viaduct over the River Coquet
Small correction required...this is a public road, but one rarely travelled by anyone other the residents of the nearby Guyzance hamlet.
P1080995.JPG
and it does offer a glimpse of the viaduct through the gate...
P1080994.JPG
and you can make out the East Coast Mainline trains with the naked eye as well as zooming in with the camera
P1080998 (2).JPG
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent! I take it you did not venture into the marsh on the other side of the gate Neil ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 19:09 Excellent! I take it you did not venture into the marsh on the other side of the gate Neil ;)
No I had already done the close up bit at the viaduct the other day so no need to go "plodging through the clarts" today. :-D

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Simply to experiment with the "Table Facility" when posting on the FCF

The buttons "table, tr, td on the normal posting screen are used.

Table defines the table, tr is table row and td is I presume "table detail" ie an individual cell in a table. Picture refs are nested in the td brackets, td brackets are nested in the tr brackets, and all are enclosed in the "table" brackets. Sounds a bit of a meal but its logical.

If you click quote on my post you can see the syntax I have used to produce the following table of 6 images from this thread.

Viaducts of Northumberland
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 07 Apr 2024, 08:49, edited 4 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I must say Neil, that's a great use of the table facility :) I always like a good viaduct!
Jim

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: One for the train buffs.And now the bus buffs

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Borrowed this from the Birmingham History forum, it's about an hour long but a pretty comprehensive look at BMMO.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.