Used Renault Zoe-can a case be made to buy one?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Used Renault Zoe-can a case be made to buy one?

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Dug this out some time ago...relevant to the Zoe
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 22:58 I was looking to see if I could find the manufacturer's maintenance schedule for the Renault Zoe. Yes warranties of any shape or form do not have to have repair and maintenance to be carried out at a main dealer, but I would guess "walk away ability", increases the more arms length a service history is from the manufacturers dealer wing. .

The not so small print of the battery leasing agreement requires these conditions to be met.
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 11:55
6.3 We shall not be liable to you for damage to...the Battery or the Vehicle where you have failed to comply with the manufacturer recommendations in particular (but not limited to) loss that arises as a result of your:

So what maintenance is required by the manufacturer...this sort of thing on a Zoe EV, plus changing coolant every 5 years or 90,000 miles (£350 ish), brake fluid change (£300-£400+) every 4 Years or 72,000 miles, 12V battery (£168) every 3 Years , pollen filter (£48) every year or 18,000 miles. (prices vary across main dealers...indicative only.)

The A inspection (£115) consists of
Check the levels, condition and sealing of the brake circuit
Check the exterior lighting and signals
Check the condition and sealing of the shock absorbers
Check condition and pressure of the tyres and road wheel security
Check the presents of the wheel valve caps
Check the wear of the brake discs and pads
Check the wiper blades and screen washer fluid level
Check the 12V battery with test tool
Check the computers with the diagnostic tool
Reinitialise the maintenance service display
Documentation and positioning of the maintenance label
Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 06 Jun 2023, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

I also dug out this article from fleetnews...
Electric vehicle Service Maintenance and Repair price hike warning for fleets
https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest ... -smr-costs
...and the rather perverse reason, there is less to do on Electric Vehicles so to maintain profitability the hourly rate for EV servicing was to be hiked.
Fleet Assist was contacted recently by a franchised garage that was considering implementing a specific BEV servicing labour rate of £125, an 89% increase over the equivalent labour cost of servicing ICE cars.
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 06 Jun 2023, 19:59 Last year for the service MOT and a cabin filter the total all in including the dreaded VAT was £159.00.
That, in my view, is not too bad Eric and worth it for the valet and clean alone - given they're jobs I hate :lol:

My eldest runs a hybrid Renault Clio and when she took it for a service I was staggered at the quality of the wash and valet... Given she never washes it and it regularly carries 8 month old Autumn around the result truly was a transformation!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

mickthemaverick wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 10:51 Just bringing Gibbo's original link to the current page to make it easier to refer to:

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auct ... 0600f2e0b2
Electro-plunge day...come on in the water's lovely :-D , bonne chance!

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Just watching the bidding on the Zoe...timed sale ending from 7.00pm onwards today. Irritating how new bids put 10 further minutes on the clock. Suppose its there to stop last minute bidders not allowing any response, but it isn't half dragging on.

Half an hour to close the auction down Last bid was £1,960....hammer price. Result for that bidder.

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Did you see the note at the end Neil "The auctioneer has decided not to disclose the price." a bit iffy that.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 19:27
Half an hour to close the auction down Last bid was £1,960....hammer price. Result for that bidder.

Neil
Indeed it was but I dropped out at £1850 which was the price we needed to be sure of making it work for us!! Heyho on to the next!! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I get the feeling it wasn't sold Mick, the auctioneer's staff running it against a proper bidder to get to an undeclared reserve.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
NewcastleFalcon

Gibbo2286 wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 19:38 Did you see the note at the end Neil "The auctioneer has decided not to disclose the price." a bit iffy that.
Yes I saw it and have come across it before, cant remember where or which auction house, but no doubt a sale I was watching. Maybe a question of sold to the highest bidder, only when that highest bidder comes up with the cash!

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

mickthemaverick wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 19:41
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 19:27

Neil
Indeed it was but I dropped out at £1850 which was the price we needed to be sure of making it work for us!! Heyho on to the next!! :-D
They may yet come back to you Mick when the winning bidders realise it has a leased battery and pull out!

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Could well be the case Gibbo, unfortunately I was called out this afternoon so I had to bid from the phone which didn't give me a chance to open a couple of windows for dual attack, which is what I have done in the past to discourage being bounced off the wall. So I had to submit our max and do a fingers crossed until I got home job!! We'll have to see if it comes up again at the next sale or two! :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
NewcastleFalcon

Gibbo2286 wrote: 22 Jun 2023, 18:21 Zoe MOT and service at the dealer this morning all good. :)
Gibbo2286 wrote: 06 Jun 2023, 19:59 I don't know about this one Jim I think it may include a new 12v battery this time but not sure.
Last year for the service MOT and a cabin filter the total all in including the dreaded VAT was £159.00.
Ported across to this thread Gibbo, nice result with the MOT but the nosey amongst us, ie me, would be interested in what they did in the service, and how much they charged! That's if you are willing to divulge!

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Total cost for the 'day out' was £176 Neil the service was as scheduled which seems to be a hundred tick box effort of topping up the screen-wash changing the cabin filter checking brakes and steering tyre condition etc. finished off with car wash and vacuum out the interior, MOT included in that was £49.00.
Waited there while they did the work for 4 hours in their very comfortable showroom with free soft drinks or coffee on tap, could have had a courtesy car but I would have only driven 6 miles up the road and waited in Sainsbury's cafe.
They have in their showroom Renault Suzuki and Dacia and the next door site has Fiat and Abarth, I think part of the same Ponthir Group.
A much better experience I think than Bristol Street Motors, at least here I could get past the receptionist and see the workshops.
NewcastleFalcon

Thanks Gibbo, looks like you emerged from the main dealer unscathed, and positive about the experience, with no "upselling". :-D

You may have have expected them to add/offer to do a brake fluid change or a 12V battery change if they strictly interpreted the manufacturers maintenance recommendations, on the basis of gaps in previous recorded service history and the mileage recorded.

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Bristol Street said they could supply a print out of the service history from new, but they didn't #-o , I was going to ask here but forgot.
Had a long chat with a salesman here (an old timer) he said they didn't list a px price for the Zoe and he would have to consult management if I wanted one, I think they're reluctant to take any of the older stuff, he did say the later Zoe is a far better car with better batteries and much longer range.