Possible source for some hydraulic parts for Xantias

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

octinum
My Cars: 2005 Citroen C5 facelift, 3.0 V6 petrol
2003 Alfa Romeo 156 Mk1.5 Selespeed

Re: Possible source for some hydraulic parts for Xantias

Post by octinum »

Speaking of the spheres, damping and all, did anybody venture into separating those "damper" things from the spheres, and mount on something else, like an adapter? I already have a lot on my plate so can't start its own thread but curious.

Came to my mind because the damping elements look like the defining factor between Hydractive 3+ and H3(hyrdopneumatic). I don't remember the case for H2 in Xantiae/XMs but for C5, the sphere pressures for H3 and H3+ are close enough to be interchangeable for corner spheres. Since there are less H2/H3+ variants than the hydropneumatic versions, we can expect shortage in the future.

Do you think it's possible to, say, separate the damping element from the sphere, stick it into a pipe/adapter? That way we would just go and buy regular spheres with similar pressures, remove their own damping elements, and mount on the hypothetical adapter I mentioned. I believe C6 setup is similar to what I've been thinking; the spheres don't have the damping elements, and damping is provided by the (electronically controlled) separate unit which is fixed to the car.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

You may be interested in this topic: viewtopic.php?p=494381#p494381 which describes and upgrade to the HA2 system, and I think has some information about damper elements on the center spheres.
octinum
My Cars: 2005 Citroen C5 facelift, 3.0 V6 petrol
2003 Alfa Romeo 156 Mk1.5 Selespeed

Post by octinum »

xantia_v6 wrote: 01 Oct 2022, 16:47 You may be interested in this topic: viewtopic.php?p=494381#p494381 which describes and upgrade to the HA2 system, and I think has some information about damper elements on the center spheres.
I'm so going to stalk you online and find you to present a bottle of Turkish Raki if I ever travel any country near you. :-D Thanks for giving me tonight's reading!