Electric Cars:what's available?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Electric Cars:what's available?

Post by myglaren »

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

So who are sponsoring the "Euro's" footy tournament in Germany coming up. VW :?: , Porsche :?: , Mercedes :?: , BMW :?:

No in a bit of a statement....

BYD
If you haven't seen their logo on a vehicle in the UK yet, you will. One of the most "vertically integrated" automakers in the world in the components used to build their vehicles, and with CATL, dominant in battery technology.

BYD Seal
At least one has made it to Northumberland. Think is that a Tesla Model 3...no its a BYD Seal.

Anything but a "cheap Chinese import" flooding the market, but definitely a Tesla competitor
temp2.jpg
I think that sums up the review, not cheap but purposely so, pretty fast (if that ridiculous stat has any relevance at all) big range, big battery.

If you want to find a review of it, or a "head to head" between the BYD Seal and the Tesla Model 3, you tube is full of them. I find whoever does youtube car reviews they adopt the irritating narrative style and intonation of a "top Gear" presenter of their choice whether that be clarksonesque or williamwoolardesque or quentinwilsonesque or angelaripponesque. Couldn't recommend any of them!

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

More Tesla woes
Tesla Cybertruck turns into world's most expensive brick after car wash
"But five hours to reset a computer? And this is new hardware, hardware 4. All I wanna know is, where do I get that computer so I can take it to work? 'Sorry, boss, I'm resetting my computer. I'll get to that in a little bit,'" he joked.

Meanwhile, the story was also picked up on Tesla CEO Elon Musk's other business empire, where an X user plumbed the depths of the Cybertruck owner's manual, which routinely turns up comedy gold.

In this instance, attention was drawn to a line saying: "CAUTION Failure to put Cybertruck in Car Wash Mode may result in damage (for example, to the charge port or windshield wipers). Damage caused by car washes is not covered by the warranty."

The fact that the Cybertruck even has such a mode is, frankly, ludicrous. There was also the perplexing warning: "Do not wash in direct sunlight." Answers on a postcard, please. It is not clear whether the owner heeded either of these instructions.

It puts us in mind of Cybertruck owners reporting rust forming on the car's exterior. Despite the commonly held belief that the stainless steel body would be immune to corrosion, Tesla's documentation once again served only to highlight the Cybertruck's weaknesses, such as the lack of a clear coat.

"To prevent damage to the exterior, immediately remove corrosive substances (such as grease, oil, bird droppings, tree resin, dead insects, tar spots, road salt, industrial fallout, etc.)," it says. "Do not wait until Cybertruck is due for a complete wash. If necessary use denatured alcohol to remove tar spots and stubborn grease stains, then immediately wash the area with water and a mild, non-detergent soap to remove the alcohol."

There's also the owner who took his Cybertruck off-roading, and broke it, leaving many wondering what Tesla's latest and greatest can actually do.

Musk once touted the Cybertruck as "literally bulletproof" but whether it's even waterproof seems open to some debate.

The billionaire and his controversially shaped truck aren't having the best of times lately. Yesterday the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recalled all Cybertrucks due to faulty accelerator pedals, a problem that first emerged earlier in the week. ®
From The Register
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Having watched this video of the latest Model 3 from Tesla I am even further minded to stick with cars with proper controls that don't need you to look away from the road for the simplest of control functions. As I commented on the video I wouldn't swap my Legacy for one of these despite the obvious value difference!! :-D

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
ChrisRobin
My Cars: On my Drive!
Megane Mk3 CC 1.9Dci 2011
Peugeot 308cc Alure 2.0HDi 2012

Post by ChrisRobin »

Always makes me laugh these statements, how can Renault possibly announce car of the year 2024 in late April, there are still 8 full months left of 2024.
Just Remember;Where ever you go, There you are !
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Judgements made at the beginning of the year, always have been, some of the cars turn out to be not so good in the long run.
Here's an example fro 1972
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... t=0&sim=11
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

temp2.jpg
While some may weep over the passing of the classic MG brand name over to a Chinese Manufacturer it was going nowhere and hot hatches decimated the kind of ancient offerings from the Brand in the MGB and Midget prior to the demise.

This is effectively MG's first 2-Seater since the MGB, and it is as 21st Century as the MGB was 1960's and remained so for its entire production run.

Link here if you want to find a bit about the MG Cyberster. Well liked by the reviewer.
I watched all 15 minutes of this, unusual for me, wanted to find out a bit more about it even though I am neither the target audience or ever likely to trouble the scorers from a buying one point of view :-D
Spoiler: show
https://youtu.be/TbTXrhA5DJ0
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey