C5 X7 ambient lighting (and some other bits and pieces)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sloppysod
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroens
1 x GS, 1 x GSX (Banger raced), 1 x GSA,
2 x CX Famililles, 1 x CX GTI,
BX, XM, Xantia, C5 Mk1,
C4 (Coupe), C4 (B7),
C5 (X7)

Renault
R4 Van
Fuego
Clio Campas

Re: C5 X7 ambient lighting

Post by Sloppysod »

The mark 4 C5 does at the moment have the hydractive suspension but I read somewhere on the Web that the replacement will probably not as they said Citroën can do the same with modern suspension system, electronic virable damping, which I find hard to believe, DS5 springs to mind.
Also we have to remember that some options/variants could end up country specific. Google at "how many left" to see the number of C5's currently on the UK roads and how many are sold each year, not many in
the UK at all.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

not many anywhere mate, I saw none on a drive to the south of France early in the year.....Lots of BMW's

Citroen seem convinced that people want a BMW/Audi and how they drive....they don't....they want a dress (with a label) lots of reliability (they think) , a nice dealership and a decent re-sale value...oh yess, and it must be able to go around the Ring !
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

The DS line should be considered as a stand-alone luxury brand (already is on the Chinese market, in due time also in Europe), and I doubt they will use the hydractive suspension ... maybe some high-tech futuristic suspension systems (like Bose created one) ...
Last edited by vborovic on 08 Oct 2016, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

.....make it cheap in China, exploit (like SAAB) any technical history for marketing reasons only and build as big a bullshit image as you can.

Nothing whatsoever unique about Citroen of any margin is left anymore , it is a French styled (if you like it great) Euro box with the same handling as any other out there. It is only tiny margins that differentiate between the Euro 2nd league makers, even if they can make a Betamax car they will not sell enough of them (C5) to make a decent profit (c5/6/CX/SM/XM).

Welcome China/East, you don't know our reputation do you ?
...bonjour we are French and called Citroen....look what we used to make, you should buy this from us, it has the same label as was on this old good stuff we showed you, you can use all this old "style stuff" in your advertising as well....cool
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

And I did the proper rear windscreen washer pipe replacement, by using the new & original part (approx. 6 GBP @ Citroen dealer) - part no. 6439 J4 (you get the pipe and the rubber seal, and at that price IMO the purchase was a bargain):

The procedure is simple in theory, but you need to strip the boot cover (plastic) until you get to the two top screws that hold the top spoiler to the glass ... and hopefully you don't break any of the plastic clips that hold the plastic cover to the metal door in the process ... the repair works nicely, but I still haven't closed the cover on the boot, need to try something with the reverse camera (video interference while the rear wiper is active to the reversing image)

The spoiler section looks like this:

I couldn't take the photo under the ceiling trim (it was a tight squeeze just for the finger reach, I didn't want to pull the entire panel out more than required). The pipes are "locked" by a U shaped clip, that is in the connection tube that joins two pipe sections, and you just need to make it a bit wider, no toosl required, and the pipes can be release from its grasp. It's very tricky to do under the ceiling, but the spoiler is very simple.
Last edited by vborovic on 08 Oct 2016, 17:47, edited 2 times in total.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Thanks for those mate, very very helpful.

My part is on order....LOL....three weeks AGAIN ! :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Stickyfinger wrote:Thanks for those mate, very very helpful.
There are more from where those came from ... :D
Last edited by vborovic on 08 Oct 2016, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Standard tools on the clips ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

The white clips (I don't think I have any photos at hand of those) are made of really hard plastic, I needed to use a big flat screwdriver, and aim at the right side which unhooks them ... there should be a tool available that does this with ease, but I don't want to order something like that for a maybe-once-in-a-few-years procedure ...

The clips are similar to these below (but the actual clip part is slightly different)
100-Pcs-Car-9mm-Hole-White-Plastic-Rivet-Fastener-Fender-Bumper-Push-Clip_zpsukrtqdal.jpg
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 13 Nov 2021, 09:36, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Restored Images
Sloppysod
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroens
1 x GS, 1 x GSX (Banger raced), 1 x GSA,
2 x CX Famililles, 1 x CX GTI,
BX, XM, Xantia, C5 Mk1,
C4 (Coupe), C4 (B7),
C5 (X7)

Renault
R4 Van
Fuego
Clio Campas

Post by Sloppysod »

Comments to the above.
Tools - The plastic tools are worth the little they will cost from Ebay, yes there are cheap bits from China, but if the only last one job they would still be worth it.
Clips - I just bought 10 pieces from Ebay, broke 2 when removing the rear book cross-panel with a flat screw driver, hence why I now have the tools, Clips were "Citroen Relay Fiat Ducato door trim moulding panel clips C73" for £2.99 delivered, ones listed for the C5 were dearer but were exactly the same!! :rofl2:
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

New exterior treatment ... shark fin antenna (actually for a C4) ... it's not fitted, just put in place, I'll need to modify the plastic base (it's line follows the roof of a C4, not compatible with a C5), or I'll need to figure out how to glue it (with what), instead of the 3M layer which is currently unusable as is on the bottom (since it is in the air). What do you think?
aerialc27f_zpszwulsafn.jpg
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 13 Nov 2021, 09:37, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Restored Images
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

Sloppysod wrote:Comments to the above.
Tools - The plastic tools are worth the little they will cost from Ebay, yes there are cheap bits from China, but if the only last one job they would still be worth it.
Clips - I just bought 10 pieces from Ebay, broke 2 when removing the rear book cross-panel with a flat screw driver, hence why I now have the tools, Clips were "Citroen Relay Fiat Ducato door trim moulding panel clips C73" for £2.99 delivered, ones listed for the C5 were dearer but were exactly the same!! :rofl2:
If you don't have a tool and can't wait, an old biro type plastic pen, a hot air gun, a screwdriver or similar to shape the softened plastic, maybe a file to finesse the edge once they have cooled, make your own in moments. Yes they break, some more easily than others and pen plastic varies in quality, but free and can easily do custom shapes.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Yesterday I've received the Ground loop isolator from China World ... although BNC, I've managed to get the matching BNC->RCA connectors, connected between the reverse camera and my video input device ... no image .. seems the isolator takes too much of the picture, and gulps down the signal ... I've tested the isolator with the external surveillance camera and the LCD monitor, it works (although the isolator actually adds noise, instead of reducing it) ... so, it appears the reverse image camera signal is far too weak (considering the coax cable length from the boot to the front end) for this to work ...

The next experiment to enhance reversing image is to order an RCA video booster/amplifier ... that's 2-3 more weeks of waiting ... :D
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

przemekwieckowsk wrote:Hello,
Tommorow checking if wireharness exists
So ... any news regarding the steering wheel gearbox shifting feature?
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Has anyone with halogen headlamps on an X7 attempted a HID kit conversion, H7 or H7R?
Last edited by vborovic on 08 Oct 2016, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.