Greetings from Malaysia

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Abe_klia
My Cars: Citroën Xantia 2.0i

Greetings from Malaysia

Post by Abe_klia »

I pray everyone is well.

Xantia 2.0i year 1993. Has been with us the longest since 2016. Bought cautiously from a used car dealer, at a considerbaly cheap to me that time.

Had the minerals dripping issues solved the second year.

Let me tell you about Malaysia. The air are always humid daytime but not too extreme. The car must be driven daily, do not park in open sun. Otherwise you'll have to face the consequences, like I am going through now.

I pamper my Xantia with premium engine oil (TOTAL SEMI), Original Engine Coolant and Premium sparkplug. The car was 134,000 when I first bought, and now 348,000 I think... (the sensor broken). But, I never fails service on time with my regular mechanic.

Its 7 days now, Xantia had to put to rest due to engine seizure. Until a towing truck comes to the rescue, it should be fine.

I have my eye on C5 2.0 16v, year 2001 lately. Perhaps another Citroen to my collection... I don't know.

Anyways, cheers to all. Stay healthy and stay safe. Take care.

Thank you.

Abe
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Re: Greetings from Malaysia

Post by mickthemaverick »

Hi Abe and :welc:

Good to hear about your fastidious maintenance and I'm sure you'll get to enjoy the C5 as much as you did the Xantia. There are plenty of topics going on around the forum outside the cars so have a good look round from the Board Index above where you will find the Off Topic Chat Lounge (OTCL) among many other sections. In there you will find things to entertain, amuse and maybe even educate you among a great group of members. Join in whatever inspires you :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Abe_klia
My Cars: Citroën Xantia 2.0i

Re: Greetings from Malaysia

Post by Abe_klia »

I fall in love with my 'sweetheart' since the test drive. The baby was bumping hard when I drive it home. Just then I discovered that the rear spheres was about to go that time, and replaced it the next day. The brakes, was furious, I discovered then... Activa never make its debut in Asia, otherwise, I could have chose Activa instead. It is a state of the art engineering this Citroen. SM was never present in the market here. But, I noticed many older Citroen models like CX Pallas etc. gome scrapped (shame). Otherwise CS 2.5, ZX Volcane, XM, Xsara and BX still prawling the road, I felt we're family, amdist their parts are timidly scarce nowadays. Summarised about Citroen, it is not a brand of choice. Only the enthusiast few would go the distant to appreciate such technology, which I find maybe the factors that leads to public acceptance in Citroen cars. To my findings, the car dealers and importer should be more prepare the next time around. Cheers!!!