Lexia required in kent.

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jrc5
My Cars:

Lexia required in kent.

Post by jrc5 »

Hi all, I cant seem to find a lexia location thread.

Is there anyone in Kent that would be willing to activate cruise control for me?

Thanks in advance.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: Lexia required in kent.

Post by Paul-R »

Lexia location thread here viewtopic.php?f=19&t=56452

It would be a good idea for you to put the details of the vehicle concerned in your profile as some versions of Lexias may not be able to read certain cars.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
jrc5
My Cars:

Post by jrc5 »

Thanks, I knew I'd seen one before but couldnt seem to find the damn thing.

Its for a Citroen C5 mk1 2.0hdi 90hp.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Do you know if you have the right switch on the brake pedal for the Cruise Control? There are two possible wiring combinations, with switches to match. You will need to check the brake pedal, but the right area (and I am NOT joking) is up under the passenger footwell. You will need to move the carpet out of the way to check. You will need the disconnect function switch in order for the cruise control to work.

Wiring 1, Two pairs of wires, one pair ending in a white plug (connected to a white switch, managing the brake lights; push to make type switch), with the second pair ending in a red plug. This may be connected to a red switch, but if it is not you will need to buy the right red switch (which is a push to break switch, disconnecting the cruise control).

Wiring 2, Four wires, ending in a white plug. If you have this you do not need to do anything further on the brakes (as it has both switches in a single casing).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

If you can't find anyone nearer, I am in East Sussex and have Lexia/Diagbox and happy to help.
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
jrc5
My Cars:

Post by jrc5 »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 16:38 Do you know if you have the right switch on the brake pedal for the Cruise Control? There are two possible wiring combinations, with switches to match. You will need to check the brake pedal, but the right area (and I am NOT joking) is up under the passenger footwell. You will need to move the carpet out of the way to check. You will need the disconnect function switch in order for the cruise control to work.

Wiring 1, Two pairs of wires, one pair ending in a white plug (connected to a white switch, managing the brake lights; push to make type switch), with the second pair ending in a red plug. This may be connected to a red switch, but if it is not you will need to buy the right red switch (which is a push to break switch, disconnecting the cruise control).

Wiring 2, Four wires, ending in a white plug. If you have this you do not need to do anything further on the brakes (as it has both switches in a single casing).

Mine is a very early c5 Y reg, which normally has the 2 wire red switch. I did check it out ages ago and concluded it was a red switch job. But I will double check before making arrangements with someone.
jrc5
My Cars:

Post by jrc5 »

Fake Concern wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 19:57 If you can't find anyone nearer, I am in East Sussex and have Lexia/Diagbox and happy to help.

Thanks for the offer it's very much appreciated, however East Sussex is a very large area, could you narrow it down?
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

jrc5 wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 22:35
Fake Concern wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 19:57 If you can't find anyone nearer, I am in East Sussex and have Lexia/Diagbox and happy to help.

Thanks for the offer it's very much appreciated, however East Sussex is a very large area, could you narrow it down?

Bexhill on Sea
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007