Xantia (ahem) misfiring

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

yog
My Cars:

Xantia (ahem) misfiring

Post by yog »

i have recently been given a 93 cit xan, yes given, cos the engine was naf.. so i got a new one and struggled for 2 days replacing it.. all went reasonably well, few tips and tricks required here and there, but alas i got it all together and it started first time! Trouble is it misfires? checked the timing.. spot on.. checked elecrics.. all working, but the plugs were coked up 5 minutes after running it for the first time?.. fuel? dis? any ******* ideas out there, as i am lost as to what it is .. checked all the colour coded plugs.. fine .. no air leaks on gaskets..all the usual things to check when it goes wrong.. but never having owned a xantia before i thought someone here might know the answer to my problems right away.. hopefuly !! help!!please!!!!!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Yog,
Well sounds like you have checked most things, but something is clearly a long way out. Have you checked the timing belt is fitted correctly? Cold start valve is connected / operating correctly? all other sensors etc are connected / operating?
One other thought - I was trying to time my Visa, and discovered that Citroen in their wisdom used No2 Cylinder to time the engine, not No 1 as usual. Might be worth a check in Haynes or similar just in case!
Richard
yog
My Cars:

Post by yog »

all sorted!!!
whilst taking the inlet manifold off to replace the engine, the vacuum hose from the M.A.P had conveniently placed itself down by the ECU and was not fitted ... DOH!! fault was found AFTER taking it to citroen to get an ecu diagnostic..