Aftermarket Parking Sensors -Cit C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

2smv627

Aftermarket Parking Sensors -Cit C5

Post by 2smv627 »

Hi, I`ve been asked to an aftermarket parking sensor kit to an 2003 C5 Hatch, just wondered if anyone knows of a good kit to fit?
Doesn`t need to have a screen or lights just bleep.

Thanks
micky707
My Cars:

Re: Aftermarket Parking Sensors -Cit C5

Post by micky707 »

Loads on ebay, anything from £12, I presume they are a standard fit. I have the holes there on my Facelift C5 but still not sure how to fit.
Micky

Citroen C5 2.0 HDI VTR 138 48k
Citroen Xsara 1.6SX Brilliant car, 9 years and 119000 Miles
2 Pug 306's
Peugeot 207 1.4 Sport
Citroen ZX 1.9D

If it aint broke.......
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Just down the list....search forum ??

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =3&t=46445" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
airport

Post by airport »

There are many aftermarket parking sensors that fit, some of them offers rear view mirror for parking sensors light and a rear bumper camera. I suggest you stay away from those products in China.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

@ airport - one way or another, mostly everything is made in China ... if you're lucky, it can be Thailand ... :D ... seriously though, I've never had any problems with purchasing equipment directly from china, and you would be surprised that they care for the customers more than the european sellers do (pre & post sale) ... event if the purchase is only 5€ ...
airport

Post by airport »

I have a friend who has installed aftermarket parking sensors made in China, what is right that was happened on another brand of car and has a few inches error. It is true that the Chinese are making good products but i don't no-name made in China.
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

The problem with china products is, you have an USA/EU original that is usually the best there is (with a matching price tag) ... then you have a brand in china that makes an equal or almost equal product, that's usually much cheaper ... and what happens next is, you have smaller companies that copy the second, the second gets copied by the third ... and, the quality drops ... and, if you're unlucky, you'll get tuck with the mid or low quality products ... whic in turn try to be sold (by estern sellers) for as much as possible ... summary: we have a global economic crisis on our hands ... :D

Anyways, back on topic ... is the OP asking for the rear, front or the complete set of the sensors (and the matching interior equipment & wires) ?
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I have quite a bit of Chinese kit scattered around here - this laptop among other stuff, but the stand-out bit of Chinese stuff is this, bought a few years ago and vastly exceeds the Japanese item it replaced which I still have but rarely use now.
I'm actually listening to the singer in the signature on it :)

It was far from cheap but is able to equal the performance of competing ones costing more than ten times what I paid for it, so I am more than happy with it