C5 Crazy dual-zone climate - Help please!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

C5 Crazy dual-zone climate - Help please!

Post by Northern_Mike »

Hi All,

Well, I put a new temperature sender in the mirror, which is now reporting the correct temperature. However, whilst the drivers side dual-zone bit of the climate works ok, the passenger side always seems to blow hot. I'm sure I've read of others experiencing this problem, but I'm struggling to find the relevant posts. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

cheers
Mike
cc101

Re: C5 Crazy dual-zone climate - Help please!

Post by cc101 »

There's a plastic flap behind the dash Mike which has more than likely broken, can't remember the damn name of it! Very common problem on 407s, I believe unfortunately it's a dash out job to fix!
Xantia 1.9 TD 1993 (sinker)
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

I heard/read a lot about the dual-zone air condition problems caused by broken axle of air mixer flaps. The material is plastic and when it brakes usually one side gets only cold air. The same system is used in C5 II and Peugeot 407.
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hello Mike,

It is due to the gear on the motor shaft being too short;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... em#p366576" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Thanks for the replies all. Looks like a complete pain in the backside, I really can't be bothered with it. Off to list it on eBay I think, now I've got the logbook. I think it's time to cut my losses with this one.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Northern_Mike wrote:Thanks for the replies all. Looks like a complete pain in the backside, I really can't be bothered with it. Off to list it on eBay I think, now I've got the logbook. I think it's time to cut my losses with this one.
1 1/2 to 2 hours is too much pain ?? seems harsh on it to take it to fleabay for that :(
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Stickyfinger wrote:
Northern_Mike wrote:Thanks for the replies all. Looks like a complete pain in the backside, I really can't be bothered with it. Off to list it on eBay I think, now I've got the logbook. I think it's time to cut my losses with this one.
1 1/2 to 2 hours is too much pain ?? seems harsh on it to take it to fleabay for that :(
With all it's other potential problem that need sorting, yes, it is, especially as my hands are giving me a lot of pain at the moment - I can't be bothered with it. Especially not when I've got the choice of two other cars I can buy, both of which are well known to me, I know exactly what's wrong with them both and neither are a huge amount more than I can get for the C5 as it is. Neither, thankfully, are Citroens.