Berlingo Wiper Question?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paddy69

Berlingo Wiper Question?

Post by paddy69 »

Hi!
Could someone help?
Last winter I went to go home from work in my van. It had gone dark, was VERY cold, and had snowed. I started the van and then in my trying to clear the screen, reached into the van and caught the wiper stalk. Obviously the wipers were frozen solid and didn't move. After this the wipers then behaved odd. Sometime they work fine, sometimes slow and on a dry windscreen they will often just stop! I got another wiper motor from the scrapyard and it does the same. Now I am not sure whether I bought a duff wiper motor OR the problem actually lays elsewhere. I have put up with the wipers until now as they always do work in the wet. I am just a bit concerned as MOT time is here and if they try my wipers on a dry screen they probably will stick. FAIL!
ANY IDEAS???
:?: :D
Phil
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

have you seen my thread on a customers Berlingo van with wiper prob,

look at this link

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=32657

regards malcolm
paddy69

Post by paddy69 »

Hi!
Thanks, yes, I did read that thread! :D
My wipers are not doing quite the same thing BUT I would be very interested how to reprogramme the wipers using Lexia (I have a clone) It would be worth a try.
I fiddled all day yesterday with the wipers. One motor seemed to work perfectly on an old tractor battery I have that only reads 11.5 volts. Put the motor on the van and back to the same thing. A dry screen and they grind to a halt. This morning when it's raining, they work right as rain :shock:
I shall have to have another play!
Phil :D
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

does your van have a rain sesative screen, because it might just be it is beeing trigerd via that, and the stalk is doing nout at all,

regards malcolm
paddy69

Post by paddy69 »

No, nothing fancy on my van at all. It's a very bog standard, no central locking, no AC, no electric windows etc etc. No HDI, just 1.9D
Phil
paddy69

Post by paddy69 »

PROBLEM SORTED!

I think the cold weather thing last winter was a red herring and un-related!
It is the later type motor with a black connector. The black plastic end of the motor actually pops off (it has clips and also been "glued" together) The connections inside are just push fit. When I took this off I noticed one of the brass strips that earthed to the body of the motor was very dirty and the body of the motor it touched was black. Cleaned it all up and good as new! I had wondered if it was an earthing problem!
Phil :D