New Xantia and 405 anyone?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Dug up from somewhere on the Citroen-ring:

January 2003 / No. 21

Now on the Production Line: Xantia-SX
Saipa has begun the production of Xantia-SX which comes with a 2000 cc injection engine and a catalytic gas outlet. The new model comes equipped with two safety airbags and an anti-lock brake system (ABS). A distinctive feature of the new car is its ability to have its height from the road surface adjusted depending on whether the road is smooth or bumpy. Also, unlike previous models produced in Iran, Xantia-SX comes equipped with an attractive CD display screen. The new generation of Xantia produced by the Saipa is manufactured in accordance with Europe’s latest standards. It is equipped with four-wheel disc brakes as well as automatic fuel stoppage system in the event of an emergency.
So it would appear that it's got the full-spec hydro system: no nasty tinsprings!

And this bit would indicate that a lot of the late Xantias wern't built in france at all, but came from this same plant..... so quite a few French peole may be driving around in iranian built cars..........I wonder if they did any RHD ones??
Tehran, Oct 7 2001, 1st batch of Xantia automobile ready for delivery to France
Click to enlarge IRNA -- Deputy Export Manager of Saipa Auto Manufacturing Company Amir Hussein
Abu-Talebi announced that the first batch of Iran-made automobiles model Xantia is ready for delivery to the French Citroen Company. Speaking to correspondents, he said the first shipment will consist of 400 automobiles which are to be delivered to France in the near future. As per contract signed between the two companies, Saipa of Iran is scheduled to manufacture some 19,800 automobiles of the same model in 18 months and is committed to deliver some 13,500 of the cars to the French party.
deian

Post by deian »

http://www.psa-peugeot-citroen.com/en/p ... tes_b4.php

See Iran towards the bottom of the page!! it is still manufacturing the Xantia under licence to this day.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Assembly sites

CKD units are assembled under license at assembly sites.

- Bursa (Turkey) - Casablanca (Morocco)

- Kaduna (Nigeria) - Tehran (Iran)

Well it appears they are still manufactured in France and supplied to Saipa in a CKD form for them to assemble.

Cars in CKD form are like flat pack furniture, a kit of parts.
I.E. completely knocked down kits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_knock_down