P0107 OBD reading.

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

aladinsane

P0107 OBD reading.

Post by aladinsane »

Can anyone help me with this problem I have with my Saxo Vtr. Problem first started about six months ago when the engine suddenly became erratic and was not drivable. I got myself an ON BOARD DIAGNOSTIC tester and upon application once it ran through the test the fault code shown was O1 01 P 1O7 map sensor low, so I replaced the sensor and for about three months car ran perfectly until now, but this is a different kind of fault.After I have reset the OBD ERASE FAULT, testing correctly at this point, then I take the car out it fluffs and drops the revs then picks up again, upon getting it home it then tests positive using the OBD, then after erasing the code once more and taking it out for a spin, same thing happens. I just cannot understand how this sensor [it went through a MOT emissions test with it like this no problems, and I just cannot get my head around it. Other than replace the map sensor again, what are, if there is any my other options please.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 03 Aug 2018, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected Fault Code and Moved to Diagnostics
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: P107 OBD reading.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I think that what you will need to do first is to arrange to get your Saxo onto a Lexia. Most generic readers cannot handle the proprietary codes used by PSA. There are forum members who have Lexia clones and are willing to help;

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=56452
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: P0107 OBD reading.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

aladinsane wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 13:27 Can anyone help me with this problem I have with my Saxo Vtr. Problem first started about six months ago when the engine suddenly became erratic and was not drivable. I got myself an ON BOARD DIAGNOSTIC tester and upon application once it ran through the test the fault code shown was O1 01 P 1O7 map sensor low, so I replaced the sensor and for about three months car ran perfectly until now, but this is a different kind of fault.After I have reset the OBD ERASE FAULT, testing correctly at this point, then I take the car out it fluffs and drops the revs then picks up again, upon getting it home it then tests positive using the OBD, then after erasing the code once more and taking it out for a spin, same thing happens. I just cannot understand how this sensor [it went through a MOT emissions test with it like this no problems, and I just cannot get my head around it. Other than replace the map sensor again, what are, if there is any my other options please.
Your fault code should be P0107. There are several reasons, but the most likely is that the voltage from the MAP sensor to the engine ECU is incorrect. It only has to be 0.5V too low in order to cause a problem. I would check all the wiring connector blocks, the wires for shorts (check the sleeving), make sure the wires are insulated.

Causes are poor running, hesitation, rough idling, jerking on acceleration - and these will be intermittent so a wiring connection is very likely.

Typical Causes of this Code:
  • Atmospheric pressure signal: Sensor incorporated in the ECU short circuit to earth or value too low.
  • Atmospheric pressure signal fault: Pressure too low.
  • Inlet manifold pressure sensor signal fault: Short circuit to earth.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
aladinsane

Post by aladinsane »

Thanks for your replies, have looked at the wiring and to me physically everything looks ok, however how do I check these for continuity? Really speaking how can a problem present itself, then with a new map sensor its cured and works great for three months then the fault re- occurs and re-presents itself as before [after the map sensor is renewed] , is there, is it possible another fault causes this map sensor to break down, has anyone had a similar experience, I would be very grateful for your help? I just do not know and Haynes do not tell anyone anything useful. All help greatly appreciated..
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

As I said, it could be the wiring connector at the sensor - replacing the sensor may have temporarily cured it - but the engine vibration may have loosened it again. Check the pins on the connector are not loose and that the wiring is secure. Put a little electrical contact cleaner in the plug too (not WD40!)

Post up or PM your VIN and I'll see if I can look at anything else on this for you.

Marc
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Was your new MAP sensor a genuine part, or a cheaper copy? Some have reported that clone sensors are not as reliable.
aladinsane

Post by aladinsane »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 13:02 As I said, it could be the wiring connector at the sensor
Post up or PM your VIN and I'll see if I can look at anything else on this for you.
The wires are tight in the connector and the pins are rigid. I have applied some connection fluid' The VIN is 0 VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]********** I think as most was obscured and i needed to follow the letters/numerals round with the head of a nail and rub over with emery cloth. If it isnt accept my apology and I will look again.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 06 Aug 2018, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: VIN Masked
aladinsane

Post by aladinsane »

xantia_v6 wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 14:13 Was your new MAP sensor a genuine part, or a cheaper copy? Some have reported that clone sensors are not as reliable.
Both Map Sensors have been Bosch parts, yes you are right in saying many people have reported failures using non original sensors. It is this one that is in my car Bosch 0261 230 043 [816] /96 363 814 80
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so the correct part number for the Intake Air Pressure Sensor is 9639381480 . An original costs £87.05 from Citroen inc. VAT. to give you an idea. There are used Bosch ones on the bay for about £25 - but I would avoid anything too cheap. Item 10 below:
Saxo MAP.PNG

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

aladinsane wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 18:00
xantia_v6 wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 14:13 Was your new MAP sensor a genuine part, or a cheaper copy? Some have reported that clone sensors are not as reliable.
Both Map Sensors have been Bosch parts, yes you are right in saying many people have reported failures using non original sensors. It is this one that is in my car Bosch 0261 230 043 [816] /96 363 814 80
No that's not the part - it looks similar but is a different number - see my post above for the correct number. If you are buying used parts - there's no guarantee that it's going to be working much longer though...

Marc
aladinsane

Post by aladinsane »

No that's not the part - it looks similar but is a different number.

Definitely the part, it is just I have transcribed it wrongly, both Bosch sensors are, have been 0261 230 043/ 96 393 814 80, sorry for the mistake, but it is , they are both the correct part. I will send you a pic if you wish to see it.
aladinsane

Re: P107 OBD reading.

Post by aladinsane »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 13:41 I think that what you will need to do first is to arrange to get your Saxo onto a Lexia. Most generic readers cannot handle the proprietary codes used by PSA. There are forum members who have Lexia clones and are willing to help;

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=56452
Thank you for the info, there is actually a member on that list who resides in my home county. I will pm him.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

When you send the PM it will remain on your outbox UNTIL they read it. They it will be moved into your sent box (so you will know they have received and read the PM). Most people will respond fairly quickly, but please remember that we are now in the holiday season, so they may not see your PM for a few days or more (as they may well be away).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

aladinsane wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 21:30 No that's not the part - it looks similar but is a different number.

Definitely the part, it is just I have transcribed it wrongly, both Bosch sensors are, have been 0261 230 043/ 96 393 814 80, sorry for the mistake, but it is , they are both the correct part. I will send you a pic if you wish to see it.
That’s what I meant, the part number you asked me about was different.

The pictures are irrelevant, as the sensors may look the same but are materially different and set to work to different tolerances. That’s why it is important to get the exact part number. I guessed you had miss-typed it, but I couldn’t be sure.

Marc
aladinsane

Post by aladinsane »

Thanks everyone for their help. However now its back to the drawing board and a correct diagnosis of this problem, someone tell me briefly what a Lexia can do that an Autel OBD cannot, can it for instance find wiring problems that in themselves give rise to a MAP Sensor fault? Can it determine the Map Sensor Fault as anything but the unit itself and what about the emissions, with a faulty Map sensor or whatever makes it so, how then can it go through and pass the MOT. I am stymied by it all and have pm'd the member asking for a Lexia once over.. Feel sure when the RAC came out many moons ago that when they diagnosed the coil pack fault it was a code that was emitted, it did not as far as I am aware say specifically what it was but gave a range of things that it might be. this was a Lexia they used, at least I think it was as the cables were rigged to a computer.