RT6-DS3

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

zothox
My Cars: Citroen DS3

RT6-DS3

Post by zothox »

Hey brother,

Could you give me a light here?

I am about to buy a RT6 the last model, that comes with video output to install a rear camera.
But my car does not come with rear sensors, I have a 2015 Citroen DS3, will the camera work without parking sensors?

Am I going to have to configure through Lexia?

Thanks a lot !
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: RT6-DS3

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, welcome to the forum officially.

Next, I quite smoking 10 years ago, so can't help you there :-D , and finally, I've transferred your post from here from the Private Message.

The problems are as I see it, that the RT6 needs to work with the large colour Display. Your system from the factory had the RD45 / MP3 system with the standard display. Next, there is no option that I can see that allows for a Camera on the DS3 for 2015 that I can see, and yes, it would normally work with the obstacle detection system and ECU to display the picture and also to get the distance alert on the screen. You don't have the parking assistance option on your car from factory either, so this isn't going to work without the sensors, the parking ECU, the colour screen - and yet there is still no guarantee that it will work with a camera unit. The BSI will need to be programmed for sure, but also if there is no camera option to configure in this BSI, it will be pointless.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
zothox
My Cars: Citroen DS3

Post by zothox »

Yes, I have the factory rd45, but the screen it will be replaced too. The RT6 is going to work 100%. My friends here in brazil have replaced the factory radio for the rt6 and the screen, but the use a old rt6 model, that camera doesn't work.

My question is, I do not have parking sensors, I'll buy a rear camera and install it, and set the wiring all the way to the radio. But I don't know if the RT6 is going to recognize the camera. So is there any option in Lexia what allows me to set only rear camera as a park assistance?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I know the RT6 can be installed, that's not the problem. It's the other components like the parking ECU and the configuration as per my last post. I've checked already and there is no camera option that I can see for the DS3, so the point is if you can't configure it in the BSI, then it probably won't work. Also I checked the parking ECU and here is only one option, unlike some other models where there are several types to factor on the different parking assistance systems including the camera option. There just doesn't seem to be this type for your car.

Marc
kopispis
My Cars: 2013 Ds3 Cabrio

Post by kopispis »

Hi! I have a 2013 ds3 cabrio with non touch screen rt6. The code is 98 067 084 XT. I have rear parking sensors. Can I add a rear camera? I opened the setting in lexia to Rear sensors and camera but I dont know how to cable and activate it completely. Is it possible and if yes how?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi Kopispis, and :welc: to the Forum. In order to answer your questions a Moderator will need to know the VIN of your vehicle (as there may well be differences that will allow/deny the additions you want to make). For security reasons the VIN will automatically be obscured so only Forum staff can read it, so you can enter it here in this thread.
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 11 Nov 2019, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

kopispis wrote: 11 Nov 2019, 16:17 Hi! I have a 2013 ds3 cabrio with non touch screen rt6. The code is 98 067 084 XT. I have rear parking sensors. Can I add a rear camera? I opened the setting in lexia to Rear sensors and camera but I dont know how to cable and activate it completely. Is it possible and if yes how?
They didn't include that option until 2014 (in the UK anyway) so maybe a differnt RT6 was used as some of them support it some do not.

Marc
kopispis

Post by kopispis »

My VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].

VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

I tried with mirascript but black screen not pop up.
And in addition to this i updated maps to 2019-2020 but I could not make the software update it says media damaged.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 12 Nov 2019, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected VIN - missing a digit
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, like I said they did not fit these to the DS3 until RPO 13749 (build date 1 July 2014). Your RPO is 13354 which is 1 June 2013 - an earlier model.

The intermediate electrical wiring harness shown below is one of many (there are over 25 versions of this harness alone) - but you do not have the correct one to support a camera basically.

Your existing electrical harness is part: 1609700780.
- CONVERTABLE 3-DOOR SALOON AND SEQUENTIAL DRIVER’S ELECTRIC WINDOW AND STD ELEC CONTROL FRONT PASSENGER ELECTRIC WINDOW AND ELECTROCHROMATIC DAY-NIGHT INTERIOR MIRROR SINCE RPO 13293 EXCEPT WITH 2 REVERSING LAMPS
DS3 Harness.PNG
The later harnesses were for different equipment options that affect the electrochrome mirrors, the type of parking assistance, revering lighting, windscreen sensors and collision detection stuff.

So my advice to you is get an aftermarket camera and a separate LCD screen that is built into a rear view mirror and mount this in place of your existing one.

One member did this on his C5 (X7) and it looked quite tidy. Some images are missing now as he used a hosting site instead of uploading them directly, but this should give you an idea. It can look ok without looking 'aftermarket'.

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=52248

Marc
kopispis

Post by kopispis »

Bad news.. I bought an aftermarket camera which is high quality and now it will be useless. Thanks for your support but I dont want to change the interrior mirror or screen. The camera plans will be cancelled. I made some search and its not about the harness but about the radio codes. Some of them has one more chip for reverse camera and something more. I will open and check it also
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, you have multiple issues.... the RT6 model that supports it and the BSI - and the electrical harness.

When I talked about an aftermarket - I didn't mean changing the screen... you can get a reversing camera, wiring and a replacement internal rear view mirror that has a built-in LCD screen that activates in reverse and acts as a normal mirror when driving. That would leave your RT6, display screen intact without having to change anything.

Like this:

Marc