What are my option if I wanna upgrade my car with USB and bluetooth streaming?

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: RichardW

TodiCroitor

What are my option if I wanna upgrade my car with USB and bluetooth streaming?

Post by TodiCroitor » 05 Dec 2018, 14:33

Hi,
I have a 2009 C5 and by default I have only AUX inputs but I would love to have the option to stream via bluetooth or even USB and also a way to show the track on the display?
Does anyone have done that? What would be my options?

Thanks a lot guys!

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: What are my option if I wanna upgrade my car with USB and bluetooth streaming?

Post by GiveMeABreak » 05 Dec 2018, 14:51

HI Dani

As you have the MyWay system (I moved your thread to the telematics section for MyWay). you'll be aware that bluetooth streaming is not supported.

The only option is to either purchase something like a DAB unit with bluetooth support that can them transmit MP3 music from your phone or the built in SD card to the car's head unit via FM transmission.

Or you could get something like a Yatour unit that are available in different options that work similarly. The Yatour system only works via mimicking the CD Changer, so can only layout folders like CD1, CD2 to CD6 etc. and then the individual music files need to be copied into the folders.

So there are several options.

Here's the sort of thing I'm talking about that would give you DAB radio too:
Todi A.PNG
Todi B.PNG
Both these provide DAB radio and Bluetooth music - there are lots of variations and connection options.

The RT6 Head Unit also supports bluetooth music streaming, but may be a more expensive option, as you would need to also upgrade your colour display unit with the High resolution version to be compatible.

Xantippa

Re: What are my option if I wanna upgrade my car with USB and bluetooth streaming?

Post by Xantippa » 05 Dec 2018, 19:58

Does myway with cd-changer support cd-text as does the internal cd-player on myway? If so, I wonder why Yatour or some other usb-bluetooth-box doesn´t support track titles?

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 05 Dec 2018, 20:06

No only the cd text for the main player in the Head Unit as you say.

TodiCroitor

Post by TodiCroitor » 07 Dec 2018, 12:16

Thanks Mark,
I’m thinking of upgrading to rt6 I have to see what would be the most adorable option, a 3rd party solution an actually rt6.
From what you know how can I identify an rt6? From my searches on google they seems to look the same as myway unit.
GiveMeABreak wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 14:51
HI Dani

As you have the MyWay system (I moved your thread to the telematics section for MyWay). you'll be aware that bluetooth streaming is not supported.

The only option is to either purchase something like a DAB unit with bluetooth support that can them transmit MP3 music from your phone or the built in SD card to the car's head unit via FM transmission.

Or you could get something like a Yatour unit that are available in different options that work similarly. The Yatour system only works via mimicking the CD Changer, so can only layout folders like CD1, CD2 to CD6 etc. and then the individual music files need to be copied into the folders.

So there are several options.

Here's the sort of thing I'm talking about that would give you DAB radio too:
Todi A.PNGTodi B.PNG
Both these provide DAB radio and Bluetooth music - there are lots of variations and connection options.

The RT6 Head Unit also supports bluetooth music streaming, but may be a more expensive option, as you would need to also upgrade your colour display unit with the High resolution version to be compatible.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 07 Dec 2018, 14:34

Hi Dani

The RT6 does look very similar, but the MyWay (RNEG) has an SD card Slot, whereas the eMyWay (RT6) does not.
MyWay.png
RT6 Head Unit.jpg
RT6 Head Unit.jpg (12.81 KiB) Viewed 19 times
MyWay (RNEG)eMyWay (RT6)
Remember you will need to upgrade the colour screen to a DG4 Hi Res screen too.