am I losing something changing my current navigation with a Pioneer solution?h

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

TodiCroitor
My Cars: C5 1.6 Hdi vtr+ 2009

am I losing something changing my current navigation with a Pioneer solution?h

Post by TodiCroitor »

I have a 2009 C5 and honestly the navigation is crappy, even thou I have the last update on maps, lots of roads are missing, it's pretty hard to input the destination, I would prefer a touch screen version with all the bells that default navigation is missing. Mine doesn't have Bluetooth media, or even a USB.

Right now apart from radio, cd, navigation and Bluetooth calling, there is nothing else that my current navigation can do or show.

One of my concerns is steering wheel controls. Does anyone have experience keeping them with an after market head unit?
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Re: am I losing something changing my current navigation with a Pioneer solution?h

Post by Xantippa »

There are adapter cables that work just fine with aftermarket radios.

You can get bluetooth audio streaming pretty easily on that RT5 (?) of yours. I have Yatour BTA on mine and I'm quite happy with it.

Upgrading to aftermarket unit would be nice if there was units with separate 7" touch screen, but I haven't found one apart from some chinese unknown brands.
sdiama
New User
My Cars: Citroen C5
Fiat Punto HGT

Re: am I losing something changing my current navigation with a Pioneer solution?h

Post by sdiama »

A complete solution is a head unit by Joying. A suggested one, is an 8inch, 2Gb RAM, 32Gb ROM, quad-core Android 6, head unit, that fits at C5 2009 onwards.

The head unit has GPS, Bluetooth 4, built-in WiFi, PiP function, phone mirroring and much more. Also, has an app to map the steering wheel's controls with the unit.

The suggested unit is available at Aliexpress and at official website of Joying, starting at €238.56

Please note, that the photos are not mine, although I had a Joying unit, installed on my previous car. I suggest, to contact the company's support, to help you with the selection of the correct harness and/or alternative head units.