This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

osiema
New User
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 HDi 2011r

RD4 to RT6 retroffit in 3008

Post by osiema »

Hello everybody!
I've just want to replace my old radio ( RD4) to RT6 (RNEG2) with "big" display DG4.
Can anybody tell me how to connect the display? There is brown 12 pin connector and i don't have wires but only connector and pins.
Please for help or maybe diagram :D

Grateful for clues and tips
FranklinJ
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 eHDi
Citroen Berlingo Multispace
Peugeot 306 XRDT
Peugeot 205 GTi
Peugeot 104

Re: RD4 to RT6 retroffit in 3008

Post by FranklinJ »

Hi, the brown 12 pin connector on the G4 colour screen requires to be connected to the Quadlock multi-way connector for the RT6. If you're upgrading from RD4 I think this would have just required the monochrome screen so that being the case there is no wiring loom for control of the upgrade colour screen you intend to fit.

I recently did an upgrade in my own 3008 which was aimed at installing an NG4 3D system but decided to install the RT6 as an interim measure (both radio/nav units operate from same Quadlock connector arrangement) but was looking for pinout data to connect colour screen to Quadlock socket connecting to RT6. I couldn't find this data but I did find a French supplier called Phibu Electronics who supplied a bespoke adapter lead for about £30.00. which has a colour screen loom fitted with a 12 pin socket to operate the colour screen and a red +12 volt fused supply wire to power up the colour screen motors from the vehicle fuse box. There is also a white wire which is redundant.
The colour screen connector does not resemble the brown Peugeot version with a lift over locking clip but is instead a black plastic Dupont type connector which can only be connected one way round.

Google Phibu Electronics and tap in - adapter from RD4 to RT6 - and after one or two tries you should come up with adapter lead you want.
Health warning: its all in French but if you can't work it out - I just copied and pasted into a translator and did my ordering in French the same way - lead time, about two weeks.

Hope this helps.
FranklinJ
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 eHDi
Citroen Berlingo Multispace
Peugeot 306 XRDT
Peugeot 205 GTi
Peugeot 104

Re: RD4 to RT6 retroffit in 3008

Post by FranklinJ »

Post script to previous reply re' upgrade RD4 to RT6.

If the Quadlock radio connector in your vehicle has section 'A' part of the connector (larger pins) blanked off with blue plastic inserts, these will need to be removed to accommodate the section 'A' pins of the RD4 to RT6 adapter. In my 2012 Peugeot 3008, having the adapter connecting to these otherwise unused pins did not seem to cause any problem.