Is it possible to install latest Citroen C5 Navigation System on older C5?

This section is where Audio / Telematics Posts will be placed temporarily

Moderator: RichardW

bfds88

Is it possible to install latest Citroen C5 Navigation System on older C5?

Post by bfds88 » 04 Feb 2019, 12:15

Hi guys.

I wanted to upgrade my 2011 C5 tourer navigation system to a more recent one.
A know the latest C5 had a touchscreen system with mirror link and apple carplay (didn't find the model name).

Is it possible to install this system on my 2011 C5? If so, where can I purchase this system?

Thanks.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Is it possible to install latest Citroen C5 Navigation System on older C5?

Post by GiveMeABreak » 04 Feb 2019, 12:50

Possible, but expensive:

You will need the new screen the SMEG IV2 unit and the central console fascia (as some controls move from buttons), and also this cannot be manually coded using a Diagbox Clone. The configuration can only be downloaded from an official PSA server securely, plus it will also need the Carplay activating. The problem is, there are very few dealers that will do this, because of the problems with having to use another vehicle's VIN to download the correct file and then the manual telecoding to try and get it to work - and main dealers are not likely to do this because of the risk.

Expect to pay anything between from 1500 Euros for the equipment, excluding diagnostic time from a friendly dealer!

bfds88

Post by bfds88 » 04 Feb 2019, 13:26

GiveMeABreak wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 12:50
Possible, but expensive:

You will need the new screen the SMEG IV2 unit and the central console fascia (as some controls move from buttons), and also this cannot be manually coded using a Diagbox Clone. The configuration can only be downloaded from an official PSA server securely, plus it will also need the Carplay activating. The problem is, there are very few dealers that will do this, because of the problems with having to use another vehicle's VIN to download the correct file and then the manual telecoding to try and get it to work - and main dealers are not likely to do this because of the risk.

Expect to pay anything between from 1500 Euros for the equipment, excluding diagnostic time from a friendly dealer!

Are there no other alternatives to have a Mirrorlink/carplay system while mantaining steering whell buttons funcionality?
Thanks.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 04 Feb 2019, 18:30

No not really as the interface is more than just audio controls, there is all the other control switches for control.

lorddevereux

Post by lorddevereux » 15 Apr 2019, 14:28

I wonder about the BSI activation.

I installed an RT6 unit in my 307 (which went out of production before the RT6 was released!) which works fine with OEM trip computer and other stuff. Doing a normal diagnostic would show a blank for audo/telematics ECU. In order to telecode the RT6, I had to select the car as a 5008 before running the diagnostic. Then, nothing would show up on the ECU list except for the RT6 which I could then configure.

Might it be a similar case with the SMEG2, in that it is possible to configure if you were to choose a car to which it was fitted by default?

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 15 Apr 2019, 14:48

A lot of the SMEG systems were download-only configurable from PSA servers, including the ability for Apple CarPlay options.