Inherited a 308 HDI

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ZoomZoom69
My Cars: 2007 Peugeot 308

Inherited a 308 HDI

Post by ZoomZoom69 »

Through a series of unfortunate events. I currently have a 2007 308 1.6HDI 110 on my drive which has covered just 31k miles.

The car will be staying in the family - so it will be falling on me to keep it maintained going forward and to try avoid the ruinous issues these engines are known for.
Even though the car is low mileage, it has had at least an oil service every year (at the Peugeot dealership!!) and has been taken on a longish run at least once a month over its life as the previous owner was (correctly) quite traditional in his thinking!
I cant feel any play in the turbo bearings and there is no fouling round any of the injectors either.

As far as I can tell - the car has never had replacement belts, so at 12yr old they are overdue and my first priority, although its beyond my skillset so ill have to send it into an indie for these (was thinking pugbitz in denton)

Beyond this - the usual full service bits Oil (fully synth/low saps) oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, pollen filter etc.

Does anyone else recommend other things to be done while im at it? - do I need diagbox to check the status of the eoyls fluid and DPF? - or can it be done visually?
doctle
My Cars: 2008 Laguna 1.5 DCi

Re: Inherited a 308 HDI

Post by doctle »

I'd get the belts changed immediately as well as a coolant and brake fluid change (DIY the last 2) I believe the warning light comes on in plenty of time to top up the fluid for DPF etc. My next car will be a 308 and from what I have read the strainer/filter in the turbo oil feed pipe should be removed.
Oh buggle
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I would make sure the injector clamp bolts are tight (and checked every service). Volvo (who use a derivative of the PSA 1.6 HDi engine) do this as a matter of course, and they don't appear to get the problem with 'coke' in the oil, blocking the various pathways and filters.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ZoomZoom69
My Cars: 2007 Peugeot 308

Post by ZoomZoom69 »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 09:37 I would make sure the injector clamp bolts are tight (and checked every service). Volvo (who use a derivative of the PSA 1.6 HDi engine) do this as a matter of course, and they don't appear to get the problem with 'coke' in the oil, blocking the various pathways and filters.

Thanks - Excuse to buy more tools as my normal torque wrench doesnt go low enough!
Car is booked in for belts+waterpump - which will also cover the coolant.